New OBS in NY - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New OBS in NY

Hello!

I have been lurking on this wonderful site for a couple years now, but I just recently purchased my first ever diesel pick up.

Itís a 1996 F-350 Regular Cab 7.3L PS 4X4 ZF5 with 4.10 non-lock and new Premium Warn manual front hubs. Itís got just over 230k on the clock. The pictures are from the PO when I found it online, she looks a bit different already:

First thing I did was steam off the old purple window tint and window decals. I scrubbed the interior as best I could, but it needs some panels and lights replaced. I also sanded the rear tail lights to get rid of the tint and I have factory replacements for the front on the way.

I just had it in the shop to get it inspected and tuned up. After a new coolant sensor (not working), EBP Tube (cracked), and new parking brake cables, she is running like a top!

When I bought the truck it already had the following upgrades:

- K&N FIPK (Dont worry, I checked the turbo for dusting before purchasing the truck, and itís already got a new 6637 in place of the K&N)
- 3" Down / 4" Straight Exhaust with 6" Tip
- Beans Deisel Performace 6 Pos. Chip (Stock, Daily Driver, Tow, Econ, Performance, Smoke)

Its currently got a set of 285/75/16's on it, and I am trying to tell if it has some type of lift bc it looks taller then normal, even with the 285's. If anyone can tell, I would appreciate some info! I think my next set of rubber will be 265 to help a bit with mpgís.

It also came with:

Smoked headlamp, tail lamp, corner lamp, and parking lamp
Back Rack headache rack
Delta toolbox
Mastercraft AT2 285/75/16 Tires
Premium Warn locking hubs
All new steering linkage
Brand new spindle and spindle nut kit
A new driver side stub axle assembly
Rancho RS5000 shocks front and rear
Super Duty Duralast starter upgrade( with warranty)
2 new Duralast Gold Batteries( with warranty)

I have big plans for the truck, itís going to be my Daily, so I want to get some SD springs in it, as well as replacing the dash, trim panels and carpet with sound proofing as well as replace the bench with a 40/20/40. (PO started switching from stock blue to gray, which I actually prefer so I will finish the job).
I also need to put in some gauges (EGTís and boost) and I would like to wire in a high idle with switch and put in a keyless entry system as well as replace the factory speakers and crappy aftermarket stereo .

It took me a long time searching for this truck, but I finally have exactly what I have been looking for, a reg cab, manual, 7.3L 4X4 Powerstroke, I am really looking forward to my newest project!
Attached Thumbnails
New OBS in NY-front_driver.jpg   New OBS in NY-front_low.jpg   New OBS in NY-driver_side.jpg   New OBS in NY-interior.jpg   New OBS in NY-pass_rear.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow nice truck :thumbup: doesent look like a ny truck. No huge rust holes. ( atleast that i can see on my phone) i had almost the exact same truck, only mine was automatic. Gotta love them obs. were about in ny are you from? We have a chapter and can use as many people as we can get to bridge the gap for get to gethers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

Welcome! Sweet looking truck!

Tom
Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

Good looking truck! I like its color and its stance.

Link to the NY Chapter:
Empire State Strokers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Welcome to the org.!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Picked up the truck in Ohio, so it has not seen any terrible, salty winters yet.

Any opinions on if the truck is lifted or not? This is my first F-350 and first diesel so there is alot to get used to, but I am already loving the truck!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Welcome to the Powerstroke Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.