Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hello from Maine

1K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  bigwhite7.3stroker 
#1 ·
Great site!!!

I bought my first PSD about 3 weeks ago, been having lots of fun with it.
Its a 94.5 4X4 : 5 spd, F-250 OBS, regular cab with an 8 foot bed and lumber racks.

Its got 178,000 miles engine runs pretty good with no Major problems. I did some of the easier maint stufff.
-changed the oil/filter. flushed the trannie and transfer case.
-changed out the fuel filter and air filter.
-replaced the serpentine belt.
-replaced the front shocks.
-Put on a new water pump.
-put in a new CPS.
-stuffed a bushing in the clutch cylinder linkage. (not sure that I helped it much)????

Its got some rust in the body panels (around the wheels) and a couple dings here and there but for $3200 i'm pretty happy. I hope to run it around maine for a couple years and then run it to Alaska where I spend a lot of time.

This site has been great for getting ideas and information....

It still has the original air box, which I think was recaled on the 94's. I'm looking into the DIY intake, with the big fleet filter.

Probably the only thing bugging me is that the heat is a no go... Kinda sucks when its in the teens!!! I still have to search the site and see if there are any threads on how to get that working.

Thanx for all the info.

Brett

See less See more
#7 ·
:ORG welcome:

My Mother lives in Lewiston, I lived there for a couple years. COLD AS AN ESKIMO's @$$ !!!! I liked it. I went to Skool one year at Walton (Auburn) and one year at EL (Auburn again)

Welcome man .... You will LOVE it here !!!

Bob~!

#10 ·
Welcome from another Mainah! There's a couple of us around these parts, sit down and enjoy the show. Lots of learnin to do!:icon_ford::icon_ford::thumb:

#12 ·
Welcome. Sounds like you have a project on your hands! Good luck getting your heat fixed; I couldn't handle not having heat and I'm in AZ!!!

#13 ·
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:​

#14 ·
:ORG welcome: be carfull this site is additing and so are the mods.:woot:

#17 ·
:welcome1: Welcome to the ORG.!

#18 ·
WELCOME TO THE ORG ! ! ! !

:icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford:​

#20 ·
Welcome, lots of info here. Good luck on the heat.:welcome1: :icon_ford:

#21 ·
:ORG welcome: Great site.:thumb: I'll have to second that addicting statement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.