New guy from Wyo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Street Dentist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New guy from Wyo

Hey all, new guy from Wyoming here. Been lurking and reading quite a bit on the forum for a while now and finally decided to join up. Driving an '06 F250 for about 2 years now, mostly stock with a few extras I added on. 14 years USAF, currently serving with SF, stationed at "The Rocket Ranch" here in Cheyenne Wyoming. Looking forward to joining in some good conversation about our trucks and continue learning whatever I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

lots of good info/guys on here. Are you monitoring your 6.0?

I was born and grew up in Cody, WY. Lots of Beautiful places in Wyoming
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Street Dentist

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I am monitoring it some, and since I've been spending quite a bit reading I am familiar with most of the problems associated with the 6.0. I've been holding off on a big spending frenzy and some serious project time cause my rig is still under warranty for 24,000 more miles. I'm gonna knock on some wood while I type this, but I've been pretty lucky and haven't had any problems at all, especially for a rig with 107,000 on it. However, I know the previous owner was a local business owner who was extremely serious and obsessed about proper maintenance as I am. I was a power pro guy (generator mechanic) for about 4 years earlier in my career where I picked up some pretty good habits I guess, so I'm pretty obsessed with my maintenance program. Maybe a little too much. I like it a lot here in Wyoming, it's really grown on me over the years we've been here. I'm from Boise so I'm pretty close to home here so it all works out. I've spent plenty of time out your way too. Thanks again for the welcome.

Last edited by stratotrev; 03-09-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Adding more text
Old 03-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

Thanks for your service.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Emergency Services

Welcome to the org
Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Street Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

Thanks for your service.
Thanks for the welcome. I see you have a 7.3, do you love it? I really wanted a 7.3 but couldn't find one out here with less than somewhere around 300,000. My buddy at the Squadron who's one of our Vehicle Maintenance guys and been a mechanic his entire life, and Ford obsessed told me to just get the 6.0, it's great engine as long as you take care of it. So far it actually has been, though I'm slowly working into some mods as I get closer to my warranty running out.

HarvestingInternationally, Thanks for the welcome, that's a nice lookin' 6.0 you have there.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratotrev View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I see you have a 7.3, do you love it? I really wanted a 7.3 but couldn't find one out here with less than somewhere around 300,000. My buddy at the Squadron who's one of our Vehicle Maintenance guys and been a mechanic his entire life, and Ford obsessed told me to just get the 6.0, it's great engine as long as you take care of it. So far it actually has been, though I'm slowly working into some mods as I get closer to my warranty running out.

HarvestingInternationally, Thanks for the welcome, that's a nice lookin' 6.0 you have there.
I do! I bought this truck with 109,000 (9/05) on it. I just rolled 193,000. This thing runs like a top. I've had to do some stuff, but most of it is stuff that wears out, which is expected. It's my DD and I pull my 12Klb 5th wheel. Not afraid to go anywhere with it.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Street Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
I do! I bought this truck with 109,000 (9/05) on it. I just rolled 193,000. This thing runs like a top. I've had to do some stuff, but most of it is stuff that wears out, which is expected. It's my DD and I pull my 12Klb 5th wheel. Not afraid to go anywhere with it.
That's friggin' awesome! Sounds like a great truck. Hope she continues to run strong for a long time for you. I feel like I've been pretty lucky with mine being a 6.0. She's actually been the best truck I've owned so far. I'm hoping and looking forward to having her for a long time yet.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Welcome to the org.!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Nice ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.