new guy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new guy

Hello all.
Picked up my first diesel a few weeks ago. 2006 F250 /w the 6.0

Its in the shop already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Read all the stickies at the top of the 6.0 section, and you will be able to keep it out of the shop. If you know what Deltas, EOT, EGT, FIcM, EGR, ECT is, you will be a pro.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah until a few weeks ago I didn't know what any of those meant! I'm learning fast!!

Thankfully the dealers taking care of whatever the issue is since I've only had the truck 12 days!! After talking with a few people here locally the general consensus is leaning toward bad injector(s). The FICM checks out fine. I got a 12month/12k mile powertrain warranty but since its been less than 2 weeks and this is the second time the trucks been un-drivable (first time was a simple brake issue...trash in the lines causing the front left to lock up 3 hours after I drove it off the lot) they are absorbing all costs and not even messing with the "warranty". Calling it a pre-existing condition.

I checked the FICM before I went to the dealer just to eliminate that since it was a simple test and I didn't have to dig to far into the truck. I also checked/changed both fuel filters since it seems like its getting no fuel. The lower filter seemed relatively new but the upper one looked like it had seen better days. There was no trash in the upper cup.

The only thing I've done to the truck so far is add the coolant filter system from sinister diesel. When installing it I noticed it already has the erg cooler delete kit. The erg valve itself however is still installed. I've heard that it best to leave the valve because some of the 6.0's won't spool up the turbo or engage the fan properly if the valve has been unplugged??? I got the SCT SF3 tuner but haven't even plugged it in before this no start issue happened.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

update..

Spoke with the dealer today, they said the HPOP is only hitting 600 psi peak and dipping as low as 150.

Here's the interesting part:
They are shuffling their feet trying to not deal with it until 30 days after the sale... Something about the warranty company wont cover it because they will call it a "pre-existing condition".

Basically they want me to wait another 2 and a half weeks before they work on or do any further diagnostics to the vehicle so that they can put it under the warranty instead of the dealer having to pay the costs... In the mean time my first payment will have come and gone and I'm still without the truck ~ not a very happy camper about this. I'm not sure if I should go to another dealer or what, but its getting frustrating to say the least. I asked the dealer to show me where in the warranty paperwork it states that the warranty isn't applicable until 30 days after the sale. Needless to say it's not in there. I further explained that I'm not comfortable "waiting" so that they can screw the warranty company to which his response was "Oh, no sir you don't understand, it's our warranty company". If that's the case then I REALLY don't understand the need to wait, Ford pays wither way right? He didn't have any answers for me and bowed out to pick up his son... I'll assume its time to have this conversation with the great and powerful Oz... you know, the guy in back they are always going to "check with"???
Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Welcome to the org.!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Welcome to the org.!
Falling behind again Hank? How will you ever break the 20k posts barrier?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Emergency Services

lol welcome to the org
Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 AM

Talking

Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 AM

Id be pizzed if they wanted me to wait another 2.5 weeks before they worked on it. I think Id have to get it to another dealer...
Old 05-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Id be pizzed if they wanted me to wait another 2.5 weeks before they worked on it. I think Id have to get it to another dealer...
Paperwork paperwork!!!!

I went back to them armed with all kinds of information from the warranty company. Long story short, they took the truck in that afternoon and had it back to me 3 days later. Haven't had any other issues with it since then! But if I do have to go back to a dealer down the road I will take it else where.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.