Another FNG - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another FNG

Figured I'd better say hello to everyone, I've been creeping the site for about 6 months while I was looking for my truck and now that I have it I'm sure I'll be asking questions! I looked for about 5 months for a 7.3 crew cab short bed 4x4 to use for hauling my toys and wanted a newer winter driver. It was a difficult search as I didnt want a rustbucket and wanted less than 200k miles below $13k but I eventually found it.
i told my husband he's in charge of performance upgrades (even tho I'll pick out what the upgrades are ) and I'll do the more cosmetic work. The only thing thats been done to it is a 5inch exhaust and gauges so here's my tentative plans...

Headlights
AIS or S&B intake
DP Tuner

Our buddy has a wrecker company and just got in an excursion, so we pulled the tow mirrors, rims/tires, door actuators, and a few other odds n ends to get the upgrades started relatively cheap.

So far the truck has been great, I've already done a 1,200 mile haul to Michigan's upper peninsula for a snowmobiling trip and drove in all different conditions, couldn't be happier! There's a few other things we have to go through, it sometimes romps a bit on cold starts when the temp is in the teens (unfortunately at work on midnights I don't have the option to plug in and it sits for 13 hours) and the EBPV is obnoxious til it warms up, but there's plenty of intel on this site to work me through it. Highway its getting about 16mpg and around 14 city, and yes, its a dog comparred to a chipped truck but we'll get there!

Oh and besides our old tractors and work trucks on the farm I grew up on-this is my first diesel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

Good looking truck.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Congrats on your !st Diesel.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the addiction
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Welcome to the org.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.