Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New guy from South Dakota

391 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HarvestingInternationally 
#1 ·
I've been looking into getting a Powerstroke for about a year now. I Just took the plunge and bought a 2006 F-250 with 90K on it about 2 weeks ago. I gave into the all the "problem" talk about the 6.0 and got a extended warranty on it. So my plan is I'm going to drive the dog piss out of it for about 6 months stock and see if anything goes wrong. If it does then the warranty has got me covered. If not I'll cancel the warranty and use the money to change the oil cooler and maybe do the head studs. My end goal is to make about 370 to 400 RWHP and have it be a very dependable DD. This truck is my only mode of transportation and I am a single father of 2 and a member of the US Air Force. So it has to be a Johny on the spot kind of truck. I plan to change to Ford gold coolant to the Cat ELC as soon as the weather get a little warmer. I have the restore and restore plus ready and waiting. I also have a coolant filter ready to install after the flush is done. I would like a little input to see if my plans are possible or if I should keep the warranty and drive it stock. Thanks guys. This forum is one of the biggest reasons that I decided to take the plunge and try to prove all the Cummings and duramax guys wrong about the Powerstroke.:icon_ford:

#2 ·
:ORG welcome:
Congrats on your truck.:thumb:

#3 ·
hey welcome to the org...post up some pics of the truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.