new to diesel forum - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 09:35 AM
powerstrokin

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drz400smoto
new to diesel forum

Hey guys I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I dont own a diesel yet but I plan to this summer. Im in school right now, but hoping my parents will help me out buying a truck this summer. Im thinking about getting something around a 2001 7.3 f250. Do you guys think I can get a nice supercab with lower miles for $20,000 that will still be reliable? Because when I come back to school next fall Im not really going to have any money to be doing big services or tranny rebuilds.
DREW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would think you should be able to find a nice truck for $20,000 juts take you rtime and don't rush into something
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM
powerstrokin

What are the key things I should be looking for when buying?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Welcome to the site.....well some of the key things to look for are the basics, if the owner seems to have knowledge of the truck, try to get a one owner, try to find an "unmodded" truck, you don't want some else's problems....other than that, take your time one will pop up
Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
The Fat Mod

Great to have ya. There is actually just the truck you are looking for. Already with some mods up for sale. $19k. Looks pretty good to me.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
Drew! I am glad you are interested in a diesel. You will be able to get a 2002 with lower miles for 4 $20,000 easily. The only things i would say is to take it to your local Dealership and print out the ecm or computer to see everything the truck has been through. You will be able to see all the idle time the fastest speed highest rpm and etc etc. I wouldnt by a truck with any major mods!! i would do that yourself so you dont have his problems like a previous member stated. When you buy make sure you get a quote on insurance and plates. That was my biggest problem its kinda expensive! I am 16 and i got payments and diesel my dad does help with insurance but other than that i am on my own!! i love my diesel though and i wouldnt trade it for anything else. Well good luck to you and take your time find the perfect one so your happy
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

New to the forums

Hi everybody, hope everybody is having a pretty good day. Just wanted drop in for a sec to introduce myself, my name is Robert. I have an '05 F-350 with the 6.0L and it has a couple of lil mods that I done myself but nothing major. I'll get into that a lil more later on. Anywho I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody here and make some friends. Well I better get goin. Have a good day!! and lol. Later

Robert
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

The both of you You can certainly find a nice truck for 20k. I bought mine last nov. for 19,500 with 73 thousand miles you just have to look hard and find the one you like! Here is a link to what you should be looking for before you buy: What to look for when buying a USED 99-03 PSD
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
powerstrokin

thanks for the replies guys. It will really help out as I look for trucks. It seems like I look every day even though I wont be buying until this spring coming up. Im in school in colorado, but live in maryland...so I might try to buy out east so there will be less road salt.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Thats another thing to consider with the road salt thats not in that writeup is the oil pan tends to rust out. Make sure you crawl under the truck and take a look at it. You have to pull the engine to replace the oil pan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.