New owner from Wisconsin - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking New owner from Wisconsin

My name is Jim and I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle-lit dinners, and...

I'm from southern Wisconsin and picked up a 2006 F250 with 91K for a fair price of 17K with headstuds installed and ECT/EOT + FICM values within "safe" range. Its an entirely different animal from my previous daily driver (2005 supercharged ranger 4x4) but all in all I like it. Its not as quick obviously, but it'll tow the toys much better and fit a wife and a dog along with gear much more comfortably also.

Anyway, I figured I should join a site with the new vehicle (you may know "gotta_gofast" from therangerstation.com , bansheeqh.com, or superhawkforum.com ) I tend to search and research anything I am interested in so I generally don't post much. But I'll give an educated post if I can.

Anyway, no one cares about me... just the truck

Fairly stock truck (sits a little higher so I believe it has longer springs in the front to level it out). It has a 4" turbo-back single exhaust and an aftermarket intake. Since owning it a few weeks ago, I've already purchased four General Grabber AT2 tires an EGR delete, blue fuel regulator spring, and in the mail is a new SCT livewire TS from Vivian of Quick Tricks. Using and being familiar with SCT tuning and livelink datalogging (worked with Fred of Rogue Performance for the supercharger tune on the ranger) makes me feel comfortable already with SCT devices and working with a custom tuner. Future plans will include larger wheels/tires and regearing for said tires. I'd also like to pick up a selectable or streetable auto-locker for the rear sterling axle. One thing I noticed was for the smaller axles (like a Ranger) there are a dozen options for lockers... but you get into a larger truck such as the super duty and I see about 3 options!

...ok, back to digging into old threads...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you Jim - to the ORG!!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Premium Member

Nice to see someone else ffom WI

Sent from the can!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Premium Member

Welcome to the ORG. Looks like a nice truck, glad to see you took the proper measures to be sure that it was healthy. That SCT with Vivian's custom tunes will make the truck into a whole different animal.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Premium Member

Those from Wisconsin will already know of the snow storm we recently recieved.... the truck is REALLY predictable and stable. Obviously the 6.0s have a very specific reputation-and I too was nervous at first-but now that the truck feels like "mine" and not like I'm borrowing someone else's truck, I have to say I like it.

I am going from no programmer to vivian's looney... I hope I smile! Since you're using one of her tunes maybe you could fill me in on a few "user" opinions?

-Is it a fairly clean tune? I understand the excessive fuel during turbo spool-up but it doesn't black out the sun I hope.
-How is throttle response and spool-up time? Does vivian's tune increase or decrease time to full boost?
-How much boost are you guys running with these tunes? Im hoping to stay under 30psi for ease of mind and reliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.