Out of the Shadows - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Out of the Shadows

New to Powerstrokes but not to forums. Tons of info here and some really fine, helpful folks. Recently bought an 08 F250 in hopes of scoring a toy hauler in the near future. Kids are grown and the wife and I are hoping to get away from time to time and take the rolling sofa with us. Always wanted a diesel and I guess I should has researched maintenance costs ahead of time to eliminate the shock. $18 and some change for an oil filter, 15 quarts of synthetic, $78 and some change for fuel filters and a C note to fill the tank. Not sorry though.This thing should have no problem with a travel trailer and I just couldn't see trying to do what I want with a 5.4L gas powered rig.

Oh, and the guy who designed the lower fuel filter/water separator needs to be flogged. changing that filter is a miserable experience and yes, I did wind up taking a diesel fuel shower............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Emergency Services

lol welcome to the fourm
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Emergency Services

Ford 6.4 Liter Turbo Diesel Truck Filters - Diesel Filters,Additives,brake rotors, and brake pads for Chevy, Dodge and Ford Diesel Trucks heres a link for cheaper filters and instructions on how to do it without a diesel shower lol....guess its better then a golden one
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ha ha, it was sort of a golden shower. The thing pi$$ed all over me. I did see where I could have done things differently and should have been more patient (and loosened the the cap of the upper filter a bit more so it could bleed down).

Oh, and there's a lot of information on the net about getting the diesel smell out of your clothes. they worked OK but none of them did a spectacular job.....

Thanks for the link. Some good reading and those are definitely better prices.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Emergency Services

yea they usually hook you up if u buy in volume aswell
Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoB View Post

Oh, and the guy who designed the lower fuel filter/water separator needs to be flogged. changing that filter is a miserable experience and yes, I did wind up taking a diesel fuel shower............
LOL...sure beats a tranny fluid "BATH", welcome to the boards, I'm sure you wont take back the Diesel once you pull something with it. it truly is a blessing starting and stopping. night and day, my buddy had the same tractor you got, and thats what sold me on a Diesel. Enjoy and Welcome
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedsix View Post
LOL...sure beats a tranny fluid "BATH", welcome to the boards, I'm sure you wont take back the Diesel once you pull something with it. it truly is a blessing starting and stopping. night and day, my buddy had the same tractor you got, and thats what sold me on a Diesel. Enjoy and Welcome
ha ha, I took a bath in that too many years ago but I don't remember smelling it for days....

So far, I'm loving this thing. I can't believe the torque these things have and mine is all stock at this point. I can't wait to see what a moderate tune does for it. These high hp/torque tunes still concern me. My rig has 169K and I really can't afford to break anything right now.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 AM

yup, gets up and moves, twin turbo, got to love it.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:39 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.