6.0 Powerstroke broken down - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Powerstroke broken down

Hello my name is Ricky and I am new to this diselforums page. I have a 2004 Ford Powerstroke 6.0L with an Edge CS tuner, (should've gone with h&s) EGR Delete, CFM Largemouth Intake Elbow, AFE Power Stage 2 Air Intake and a 5" MBRP straightpipe. I have driven with all these things for about 15,000 miles now and just 2 weeks ago something has happened... So I'm driving around at night when all of a sudden my check gage light came on and I had no clue what was going on! I found out it ended up of being my oil pressure gage on my dash dropping to zero on idle but picking back up to normal when I hit on the gas. I didn't think it was much of a problem until the next day I try turning it on only to find out it didn't want to start... It would crank and crank, turn on for 1 second and immediately turn off! After the second or third try I would have full power and was able to drive anywhere. But it does start the same way every time i turn off the truck either its cold or hot. Crank crank..start.. turn off..and then crank again full power..
I thought over it myself and did a little bit of researching and thought it could be the icp sensor or ipr valve. It wasn't building up its pressure to start up the truck! I took it too my mechanic I've always taken it too and I'm not impressed this time! Its been sitting at their shop for 1 and a half weeks now and they cant find the damn problem!! He told me its not the icp or ipr or injectors... They think there is a leak somewhere either in the hpop, crankshaft, camshaft, cylinders, heads, or I don't know what else he said but its getting really annoying! Anyone have an idea of what might be going on or what the problem might be?! I would really appreciate it! I think I'm just going to pick it up since they're not doing anything about it and play it by year.. I need to get around!!! Maybe I'll just buy a new truck soon and bulletproof it completely the right way
HELPP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

anyone read codes with a real scanner?

should have joined earlier some of your mods are not the best ..

the EDGE CS isn't a programer ,, what actual model is it ?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply and yes i have tried reading codes with either the edge and the mechanics scanners and nothing seems to pop up..
I know they're not the best, but I was dumb! Should've known earlier all the stuff that would be best for my truck now.. too late!
I have the Edge Evolution CS Diesel
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would get it out of that guys shop FAST!!

Take it to a Ford dealer that does a lot of work on diesels and have them hook it up to the IDS system and scan it over. They WILL find whats wrong, then its your choice as to weather you want to tackle it yourself or pay a fortune and have Ford do it. Most fixes on these engines are not that hard, they just take a lot of time. If you have a good set of tools and some general knowledge of engines you should be fine. Plus their are numerous wire-ups on here about "how to..." pretty much anything.

Get it out of that shop, take it to Ford and tell us what they say, but do not have them fix is until you check back here first. Sometimes you can't even trust the Ford dealer. Its sad but its true.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you and yes I'm already thinking of getting it out of there! They cant even pick up the phone anymore.. they just put me on hold or tell me I'll call you back and they never doo! Idiots... We'll see what happens when I take it too ford and get it checked out! I'm pretty familiar with 6.0 engines. Nice truck by the way!! Badasss.. you're right about ford shop too
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where are you located?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:30 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

I just noticed you are from Texas
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Check your grounds on the passenger side. Mine did the same thing.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm down way south! Laredo, TX
Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My truck didn't throw any codes when the IPR valve went out. I was driving down the road and got on it a bit and it just died and wouldn't re-start for anything. Seeing that my ICP sensor was reading good and my truck already has StandPipes DummyPlugs and the updated STC fitting I decided to pull the IPR valve and sure enough it was damaged. Repalced it and the truck started right up!

Just see what Ford has to say and get back to us...

You might also want to get a Edge Insight CTS with EAS (Fuel PSI, and Pyro) for monitoring and an SCT X3 with Custom tunes. You will be amazed at the power! You hvae a good exhaust and the intake elbow is take it or leave it. As for the intake I would get an S&B to avoid dusting the turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.