Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hey Y'all from Down in Alabam'

587 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  colo_dually 
#1 ·
I am totally new to the Diesel ownership. I am LOOKING to buy a 2005 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab with the 6.0 Powerstroke. Are there any concerns that I need to be aware of, or look for? Also, I was reading where someone stated that they were running OLD injectors, however their truck only had 92,000 miles and about 3,000 engine hours. When are those recommended to be changed out? The truck I am looking at is a 2005 as stated above with 97,000 miles and 2,200 engine hours. It looks brand new inside and out. It come with a front chrome brush guard, warn winch, B&W hitch, low profile tool box, and the lariat package. I can post pictures if you need them, but didn't think it was necessary. I am supposed to go and look at it/buy it on Saturday; so some tips for bargaining purposes and "buyer beware" purposes will be VERY handy. Oh....and they are asking $22,700 for the truck.

Look forward to getting answers to my questions from all of you experts!!!

#6 ·
Welcome to the org.! :thumb:

#7 ·
Thank you all for the kind welcome. Should I place my post over in that section of the forum so that I can possibly get some help? it does look like a nice truck indeed, but I want to be aware of most of the issues/maintenance schedules before I spend the $$$.

#9 ·
Sweet Truck! Welcome aboard, lots of great info here.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.