new guy from WA. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new guy from WA.

Hello to everyone out there. My name is corey, i will be buying a PSD within the next month. I'm not to sure on what to get so i will be doing A LOT of reading. I guess the only questions are....Do i go with the 7.3 or the 6.0? i will not be doing alot of towing I am more looking for performance but still be able to drive it day in and day out. i know that this topic has been beat to death many many times, but i have to ask. i will have about 5k to put in to mods after i get the truck. if you could please give your two cents that would be great. thank you and i look forward to learning everything i can from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Welcome to the org.!

5K should get you started on the mods for a stock 6.0 but I love my 7.3s.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 AM
The Silent Service

Howdy, and welcome to the ORG.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsoncorey View Post
Hello to everyone out there. My name is corey, i will be buying a PSD within the next month. I'm not to sure on what to get so i will be doing A LOT of reading. I guess the only questions are....Do i go with the 7.3 or the 6.0? i will not be doing alot of towing I am more looking for performance but still be able to drive it day in and day out. i know that this topic has been beat to death many many times, but i have to ask. i will have about 5k to put in to mods after i get the truck. if you could please give your two cents that would be great. thank you and i look forward to learning everything i can from you.
Corey,
I know a lot of guys really like their 6.0's on this forum, a lot of guys really love their 7.3's as well. I own a 7.3 and it has just been rock solid. I have no mods, I don't need them. I think it tow's just fine. I don't need to do 80 up a mountain pass towing my boat or trailer and those that do are going to grenade a transmission eventually. My friend has owned an 02' 7.3, an 04' 6.0 and finally a 08' 6.4. He purchased everyone of them new and he has put more money into fixing his newer motors than I have spent on maintenance, fuel and oil and I put a lot more miles on my truck. He had a gorgeous 02' F350 and he regrets selling it to this day. If you like the 6.0 find one with all of the bugs already fixed. If you like the 7.3, get a 99.5' or later. My 99' looks a little dated compared to newer models but for $1500 that could be changed with a 07' grill, lights and bumper and still have my tried and true 7.3. My mileage is currently around 16mpg unloaded and 14.5 to 15mpg loaded. Mines bone stock and with some tweaks here and there I know I could improve that. That's my .02. I haven't owned a 6.0 so I cannot give any more recommendations toward that other than what I have read or been told.
Regards,

Dwight
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the ORG!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.