Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New to the Diesel World

532 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  "Stroker 8" 
#1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself, just picked up my first truck. Got a 2004 F250. I got a killer deal on it fully loaded XLT with 177k on the ticker. I just got it for hauling small things jetski, motorcycles etc. I was a gift to myself after getting out of the Army doing one afghanistan tour and one Iraq. i was just wanting to get some insight of what you all reccomend doing to preserve this beast. I know there is lots of information out their I will be doing research. Im not looking to make it a fast trruck or anytthing just more reliable, and trying to avoid headstuds for as long as possible. Thanks in advance for any input.

#3 ·
Welcome to the org. ! :thumb:

#5 ·
First off... WECOME TO THE ADDICTION! :icon_ford::ORG welcome:

You will find the the guys on here are very happy to help you in your quest.

With 177k on it I would think that I would want to see an Oasis report on dealer perfomed service. This will give you a good picture of the Beasts life up to this point. I also would say that if there have been no issues that you are in good shape as it sits. You evidently got one of the "good" one like I did.

Start off with maintenance. Oil, fuel filters, coolant flush, deleting the ford Gold coolant for a CAT EC-1 rated coolant, gauges - trans temp, egt, and coolant temp are good ones to have. You could get an Edge CTS monitor to act aa your gauges, not the tuner just the monitor. A SCT X# with custom tunes will help with performance as well as mileage. I am currently running a DD tune from BDP, but I also have Extreme Street and Race tunes from Innovative. I drive my truck like I mean it and I have never had an issue. Hence my comment about getting a "good" 6.0

I love mine and you will love yours! :thumb:

#7 ·
:ORG welcome::thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.