Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hello all

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
Hey guy, my names Jay. I just bought an 01 F-250 with the 7.3 in it. So far i love the truck, but my last truck was a Sonoma so i guess that's expected. I'll be doing alot of searching and alot of reading, this is my first diesel truck. I plan on modding it quite a bit, even though it is my work truck:)
I defintely plan on doing intake, exhaust and some type of tuner. I think the tuner is my greatest sorce of confusion. There's so many out there, it's hard to tell what to go with. I was gonna go with the Banks stuff, just becuase that guys a **** genious, but i figured i'll read up and see if there are some reviews. If anyone wants to point me in the direction of some i'd appreciate it.
Anyway all i want to do know is drive it, i don't care about gas prices, i just wanna drive :)

#3 ·
Welcome to Powerstroke.org.
And congratulations on your rig - enjoy it!

#6 ·
Welcome to the .ORG! Glad to you have you and I bet you'll find all the info you need!

#8 ·
Welcome to the org. Hope you enjoy your truck.

#9 ·
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:​

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum, Jay!

#14 ·
:welcome1: to the org! As Shane points out, there aren't a lot of Banks supporters on this site, but rest assured, the good folks here will point you in the right direction!

#15 ·
Welcome:D to the Org.

#16 ·
Welcome, glad to have you with us.

Gord.

#20 ·
[/QUOTE]I defintely plan on doing intake, exhaust and some type of tuner. I think the tuner is my greatest sorce of confusion. There's so many out there, it's hard to tell what to go with. I was gonna go with the Banks stuff, just becuase that guys a **** genious, but i figured i'll read up and see if there are some reviews. If anyone wants to point me in the direction of some i'd appreciate it.
Anyway all i want to do know is drive it, i don't care about gas prices, i just wanna drive :)[/QUOTE]

on you list of suporting mods along with you intake and exhaust should be a good set of gauges Exhaust gas temp gauge, boost gauge, and tranny temp gauge, as far as your tuner goes every one has their preference but i am starting to see huge amounts of people here that are getting rid of their tuners and getting custom burnt perofrmance chips because they will give you allot better programing for your specific modifications vrs an over the counter tuner that is made to run and be compatible with thousands of the same trucks and with no one person making the exact same mods as the other custom tuning to fit your suporting mods will help you find great power
I would personaly stay away from banks. all you are buying is a name and a reputation and you can spend half as much and get twice the power with other products... check out our sponsors on the site they have some prety awesome deals on performance parts and their are allot of experts here that will get you and your truck where you want to be. before i found this site i was as dumb as a board when it came to how the powerstrokes even worked :) welcome to the forum and have fun

#21 ·
Welcome to powerstroke.org

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.