Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Soon to be new owner of a 2006 F250 6.0

592 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have been watching a truck for quite a while and the price finally lowered to where I felt more comfortable making the purchase. I have put the deposit down and am going to pick it up/pay for it in a few days. It is a 2006 Ford F250 supercrew short bed with the 6.0 and manual transmission, 4WD. 100k miles and it appears to be in mint condition. This is basically my dream truck...except the uncertainty of the 6.0 and the different horror stories I have heard over the years.

I have no desire to start another thread that has been created a million times, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative. Is there a master thread of the things to look out for when purchasing a 6.0 truck? I am aware of looking for the oil leaks and the coolant leaks on the overflow bottle. Once I get it home, where should I start digging in to make sure I don't have a time bomb?

Are there certain items that should be addressed first? EGR delete? Oil filter relocation? I am really looking for some help/direction.

Great to be part of the community!

#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.