Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Newcomer

347 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lu6i4 
#1 ·
Morning folks,

I have a 02 Ford F350 7.3 that I picked up for a steal. The truck overall is in decent shape, but rust is getting the best of it. I am here to gain knowledge and decide weather I should keep and rebuild it or find a crew cab shell. Look forward to talking with some great individuals.

#2 ·
Where is the rust and how bad is it? A good anti rust paint and repair can keep it running much longer than you think, it will also give you time to find out the mechanical status of the truck.

#4 ·
Well the bed is shot from what I can see, and the doors are rusting on the inner skin underneath the weatherstrip molding. What I'm worried about is the frame truthfully. If I start trying to tackle the bodywork, I want it to be beneficial versus a waste of time. The motor itself only has 140K, and from what I gathering thats nothing for these 7.3's. My plan is to look though the forums for advice to see what to look for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.