Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Guy from SoCal

933 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gunnybadger 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, how's it going? Just joined the forum and reason for doing so, as I do research on things for my truck, Google continuously brings me back here. I figured at this point I might as well join.

I just recently purchased a 2016 F-250 Lariat/FX4 and like any other normal human being I can't leave well enough alone. Granted with all the emission's crap on my truck I'm not sure if that is "well enough", but I'll play by the stupid rules. I haven't done anything to my truck, to include making the first payment (that's how short of a time I've had it, LOL!)

Like most, I have big plans for my truck, but I have a wife too. So I'll have to see how much she lets me play. Well she'll let me play, but how much of an earful I get in the process is the real question.

A little about me: I'm a husband and father of 3, baseball and volleyball keep me pretty busy, outside of work. I'm a retired Marine and time permitting, I like to hunt and fish (I'm a displaced Kansan living in SoCal) or jump on my Harley go for a ride...other than that, not much else to say.

I look forward to getting to know some of you all and learning along the way. I promise to use the search function and not ask redundant or dumb questions, unless my search comes up empty.

Have a good one!

Attached is a picture of my truck for your time...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:welcome2: to the ORG - Glad to have you Gunny!

Thank you for your service to our country. If you want a Military member banner (see mine under my screen name), go to the right side of the top nav bar, click on User CP. On the page, in the left column, find 'Group Memberships', click on it. On the next page, click on join Military group and then click on 'Join Group' at the middle bottom. Your request will be approved and the banner will show up for you.

When you get a chance, create a Garage to show/tell us more about your truck.

If you haven't yet, take a look @: Ford Powerstroke "Scorpion" 6.7 2011-? Forums - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - good info and helpful members in there.

#4 ·
well that pretty well covers things so I will simply say
welcome to the org
:ORG welcome:

Reactions: gunnybadger
#5 ·
Tank - Thank you and I appreciate it the kind words. Oh, how I long for Texas! I tried talking my wife and kids into moving there when I retired back in '14. Once they agreed, I had been offered an awesome job out and couldn't turn it down. Oh well, everything happens for a reason. Enjoy that new truck and congrats on it!

SuperCruty - Thank you, it was my pleasure and an honor! Likewise, thank you for your service. If wasn't for the old salts laying the pathway, us boots wouldn't have had anything to stand on or to continue building upon. I will create my garage as well. Thanks again!

John - Thank you, glad to be here and appreciate the welcome! Have a good one!

#8 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new truck - it looks great and I'm sure will be getting only better with everything you've planned on it. You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. Have fun surfing around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.