Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hi. New member with 6.0L

371 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  long_stroker 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New member checking in.

I bought an '07 E-350 recently with a 6.0L and 115k miles. I'm excited to be driving a diesel. Not so excited about wrenching on it - it's jam packed in there!

Looks like a great forum with info and helpful folks. Looking forward to learning about this beast.

Thanks.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thank you very much for the welcome!

I've been reading stickies, FAQs and info like crazy. There's lots to learn.

I posted up in the 6.0L general forum (hopefully the correct place) for some initial advice. Normally I spend a lot of time reading and wrenching. In this case I'm out of my element with powerstrokes. Hoping to avoid making any costly mistakes to start off while learning. I'm anxious to drive it more, though something is telling me to wait until the engine is 100% OK first.

Thanks again.

#5 ·
There's sure a lot to learn, and the E series isn't the easiest thing to work on either, when you're done reading, if you still have questions go ahead and ask, lot's of experience on here :thumb:

#6 ·
Yeah, it's really packed in the engine compartment. It's a wonder the turbo and exhaust manifolds can get much airflow.

Just getting to the EGR looks like more work than actually cleaning it!

Reactions: SparkyF250
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.