Best SCT tunes from innovative? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Innovative Diesel Performance Innovative Diesel Performance | MD | 866-642-7844

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best SCT tunes from innovative?

I am waiting on my Xcal3 from Innovative and I am wondering what would be the 3 tunes I should get. I got the xtreme package. I want lots of power but I want to be safe and a daily driving tune, I don't tow anything, and fuel is taken care of by my employer. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I run Erics extreme street as my daily driver and have no problems
Old 01-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

i dont have much experience with eric's tunes, but i would say the best thing would be to talk to him and tell him your goals, and then he knows exactly which tunes to send you
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKER04 View Post
I run Erics extreme street as my daily driver and have no problems
me too

Matt
Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 PM
one day at a time

Xtreme race is my daily file. Use it sensibly and it will net you good mileage gains, and plenty of azz whoopin' power on tap when you want it. It doesn't run too hot compared to other race files I've tried and the shifting is second to none in my experience.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Depends on what you're trying to do. I run the Xtreme Street file all day, and it cooks! As you saw, some guys run the Xtreme Race and like it. A small bit of learning curve with the tranny shifts and ride smoothness, but it's nothing too harsh, and is a fun tune to ride with!

Either one will keep ya smokin Mustangs and laughin at rice
Old 01-27-2008, 03:53 AM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TWO50Diesel View Post
Depends on what you're trying to do. I run the Xtreme Street file all day, and it cooks! As you saw, some guys run the Xtreme Race and like it. A small bit of learning curve with the tranny shifts and ride smoothness, but it's nothing too harsh, and is a fun tune to ride with!

Either one will keep ya smokin Mustangs and laughin at rice
Nate, do you know what the differences are between the X race and X street files are? I know the race file makes a couple more ponies, and the converter locks up after 2nd gear but that's about it... I have no idea what makes it different than the X street file.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Banned

I think there may be some injector timing differences as well. The hp is a touch more on the Xrace and the shifting is very different. The throttle is very touchy on the Xrace and that's why most folks don't like to use it for a daily driver. The driver inputs have very little room for finesse because the tune is designed to be a pedal to the floor WOT race tune and not a daily poke around in traffic tune.

I hated the Xrace for daily driving at first, but I have come to like it now that I have learned how to deal with it. It does some very strange shifting at part throttle. At approx half throttle mine will blow through 4 of the gears in a about 5 or 6 seconds and sort of bog the truck along at mid rpm because of the converter being locked up.

Eric's Aggressive Street file is a real nice tune for daily driving. It has plenty of power and behaves much like the truck does stock as far as shifting and driver input. It doesn't do bad on economy either although my best economy file is the Xrace. My advice on tune selection would be to talk to Eric and tell him what you are looking to do and how conservative you want to be as far as risk of breakage, then he will tailor your tunes around that. Also it's not like you will be locked down to the three that you select at first. I have about 8 IDP tunes and contrary to some of the propaganda out there I haven't paid extra either. Eric is always more than willing to make the changes necessary to make you a happy customer.

By the way, 8 tunes is nothing. People like Nate have a huge stockpile of their tunes in different configurations. That's the beauty of SCT and custom tuning. The possibilities are endless so it's possible to make almost anybody happy in any truck with just a few tweaks.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 AM

I run xtreme street as a daily, it's alot of fun. I like that it doesn't make any smoke unless i really get on it. I also have the street tune and a towing program as well. I like the regular street tune for driving in the rain and other bad weather because it is much easier to keep the tires from spinning.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 AM
International Harvester

Can you stomp on extreme street from a stop and smoke the tires? I run Looney daily and it will not really spin the tires unless I am REALLY trying. I can't decide whether to go with extreme street or extreme race.

I have read on here that some people can roast the tires by stepping on it hard but DJ's tunes don't do that on my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.