Best mileage with an IDP tune? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Innovative Diesel Performance Innovative Diesel Performance | MD | 866-642-7844

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best mileage with an IDP tune?

I have a question about Innovative Diesel's tunes. Economy, street, and tow. If I have a pickup camper weighing 3500 lbs and I'm towing 3500 lbs, which will give me the best mileage, street (up to 9000) or tow (up to 20000)? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know this is an older thread but did you ever find out what one worked best for you?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am totally disgusted with Innovative Diesel and Edge. All their tunes did was cause the radiator cap to leak. Bought several caps and still had a bit too much pressure. No noticeable change in power or mileage. Went back to stock and that problem went away. The Edge would never support the tunes. Many to calls to both companies and they are worthless. They both blamed each other for the monitor to to sucessfully monitor the engine and trans. Edge works fine with the stock setting. As far as I'm concerned the whole thing is a rip. Been a heavy equipment mechanic for thirty years and wouldn't give IDP the sweat off of the back of my b@#$s. Keep your vehicle stock unless you want something really radical.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hmmm, sorry to hear that snowboat. Not to often you hear negative comments about IDP. Hopeully this isn't the case with mine after I just submitted the order. Still leaves me curious why that was happening with yours. I know one I did with mine for the coolant was replace the system with the Evans Cooling. WOW, that stuff is amazing. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good luck trying to get any responses to your questions. Ford spends billions in research and development and then one needs to replace the coolant? On the tunes Edge, would not read EGT, the one critical output. In all fairness, the MBRP exhaust and EGR delete kit, worked just fine. The electronics were a total waste of my time and money. Spend your money elsewhere.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

To my questions...hmmm

Well obviously it wasn't a f*****g suggestion on how to maintain your vehicle it was just stating something that I did and that it was an awesome improvement where you dont need to replace your coolant until 500,000 miles.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have worked with IDP a lot, and have never had any trouble with anything! My tuner works great, and the power is awesome! I am getting roughly 18 mpg with eric's economy tune with my 6-speed, I have a 6" lift and 37's.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love IDP's tunes. I run x-race on long trips and have never averaged less than 20 mpg. (hand calculated) and have tons of power to spare. To the OP, you have underlying problems/weakness with the cooling system which the tuners just exploited and any other tuner would have done the same thing.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

so lemme get this straight you're blaming IDP for you not maintaining your cooling system causing your oil cooler to clog, therefore rupturing your EGR cooler making the truck puke coolant and more than likely blowing your headgaskets?

hmm hardly seems fair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.