Satisfied customer! IDP SCT X3 with 3 tunes on '06 6.0L... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Innovative Diesel Performance Innovative Diesel Performance | MD | 866-642-7844

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
Thumbs up Satisfied customer! IDP SCT X3 with 3 tunes on '06 6.0L...

It has taken me about 3 months and a lot of Brett Favre flip flopping before I decided to pull the trigger and order the SCT X3 with three custom tunes. I got the Economy, Tow, and Street tunes from Eric.

Seriously, about every week for the last three months I would go to their website and put it in the "cart" and go to check out and just decide I'll wait a little longer, hahaha. Finally late last week I called IDP and asked a bunch of questions and finally decided to order it.

I believe I ordered it Thursday and showed up Friday (my roommate took delivery of it). Got back in to town Sunday afternoon and sent them the Strategy Code. Within a couple of hours I had an e-mail with the three tunes...very happy about the quick turnaround! E-mailed instructions were clear and complete.

Uploaded the Extreme Street tune and took it out on the highway for a quick jaunt...WOW! Seat of the pants feels says it made a big difference. The power doesn't come on as strong as my 600 rwhp Cobra, but very noticable difference over stock. I'll be taking it down to my local dyno shop to see the real numbers and would like to take the truck down the 1/4 mile a few times to see even more proof.

Overall, very happy and satisfied customer and would highly recommend doing business with IDP!

Thanks!

Oh yeah, my truck: '06 F250 Lariat, crew cab, short bed, 4wd, auto, and bone stock. 4" stainless steel MBRP turbo back exhaust with cat delete on the way and an intake of some sort...leaning toward S&B. ARP studs and EGR delete not far around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey wydopen, I too have the custom tunes from IDP (Econo, Tow, Street) and was wondering if the extreme street is worth it.I have heard nothing but good things about the tune. I am also wondering if you tunes blow any smoke when you get on it (WOT). I cant believe how clean they burn. Ive also heard its a good thing to not have a lot of smoke since its just un burnt fuel. On my last 06- 6.0 i had the DJ looney tune and it smoked like an sob. I guess im just wondering if i am missing out on more power.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
back to business

You will def see an increase with Xstreet.

It will smoke a bit (OK alot) if you just stand on the skinny pedal. But it cleans up pretty good once you get rollin' and the boost comes up a little. Or you can just "roll" into the throttle and it won't smoke much at all

And yes, black smoke is unused fuel, so it is undesierable.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:54 AM

My mistake in my original post, I don't have the Extreme version of their street tune, just the regular. I need to upgrade to ARP head studs before I order that tune. It does not smoke when I get in to it. Well, you can see a slight brown haze, but nothing like a deep cloud of black smoke.

I'm still very happy with the tunes, however. I tried economy and tow and didn't notice a difference in gas mileage, but a dramatic difference in power. So, I leave the street tune in it all the time. My buddies with 7.3's are amazed what a tune does for my 6.0. I have one friend looking for a 6.0 Excursion, hahaha.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
I'll chime in about the x-street tune... it's fantastic! The shifting is perfect, and the power delivery is very smooth when you're just driving around town. If you stand on the loud pedal, it will spit out a fair amount of soot, but it clears up once you get going. Rolling on the throttle prevents the smoke, if you're trying to be clean.

Tow tune with turbo brake is awesome, too... very smooth and gradual power application, which is what you want for towing.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 PM

I will also chime in about the x-street tune, its phenomenal, I cant run it hard since I dont have studs, but it is very clean power, but yes, it does smoke alot, my cruising around town MPG is also 14.4 so it is also really good fuel economy wise
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 AM

you do not need aftermarket ARP studs to run the xtreme tunes.....just cant run it wide open all the time. by the way IDP is great i just received my x3 today and havent gotten the chance to use it yet. i sent them an email a few minutes ago and am just waiting on my custom tunes. I got the aggressive tow, xtreme street and xtreme race
Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06fx4stroke View Post
you do not need aftermarket ARP studs to run the xtreme tunes.....just cant run it wide open all the time.
I wouldn't have enough self restraint, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.