May 2007 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Indiana Strokers Rallies Past Rallies and Events

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
May 2007

Well, another month, another Rally, another success. Turn out was a little down this month do to very nice weather and lots of other things going on, but we still had a nice event, and lots of good times.

BigCountrySG and his family made the journey down from Michigan to join us, and brought along some excellent steaks!!

NovaJoe105 made a 4 hour one way drive from near Evansville, and brought along potatoes, and onions to go with the steaks.

Let's just say that once again, if you left hungry, it was your own fault.

Attendance was the following
ABOBB
purduefarmboy460
truaxfarmgirl
FordGirlJen83
BigCountrySG
NovaJoe105
Chicksdme2 (thanks a lot Nick)
BlackCloudStroker
98Stroke (I think that's Dustin's screenname)
-a friend
severaly local folks who stopped in later to see what was happening.

Chicksdme2 unfortunately wasn't able to bring his new to him truck, and had another commitment to go to, but he did stop in for a little bit, and dropped off some iced refreshment to help us get through the day.

As a change of pace, there were no major projects planned for the day. It was calm and relaxed, although I think not having something to work on nearly gave purduefarmboy460 an anxiety attack. There was a small project accomplished early in the day, and another attempted. Adam and Tamara acetoned the badges that were recently removed from ABOBB's truck, creating some really good looking totally chrome units that will be used somewhere down the road for something. This same mod was then attempted on FordGirlJen83, and truaxfarmgirl's F-150s, but with no results... evidently those badges are made differently.

Pictures were taken.. and I am sure will be posted within the next day or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
It was a good time and great to meet some members for the first time and hopefully not the last time I see them. Only regret I have is I could not stay longer.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to jngreen
Sorry I didn't make it to this one guys, I got called into work for an 8in water main break and was there till midnight replacing the busted pipe. Hopefully I won't be "on call" for the next one even though it always seems to work out that way.

Adam, we still need to work on your project, I haven't forgotten.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM

I will have to say the event was a success. I got to meet several members, eat some good food, and have a good time. The 4hr drive was well worth it. Got to go for a ride in Adam's truck. Was very impressed with the way it runs. It launches pretty darned hard for a big azz truck. He got a chance to ride in mine and I think he fell asleep from boredom...lol. I look foward to attending some more rallies in the future. Thanks again guys. It was a great time.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
What a night!

Well, you are right, it did about kill me not to have projects to work on. Gauges, something at least! Sounds like we will have plenty to work on at the next rally if we get guages for everyone who is interested!!

Big thanks to Scott and Joe for making the trip, I know it was long, but it was great to meet ya!

Steaks were great!!! Not a one went to waste! 18 pounds of ribeye steak! 5 lbs of taters, and 5 lbs of coleslaw!!!

Now, House, where is that coney sauce????

Can't wait for the next one!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.