March 2007, Things are getting BIG!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Indiana Strokers Rallies Past Rallies and Events

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Is it even worth it???

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
March 2007, Things are getting BIG!!

OK.. I'm back home.. so I guess it's time to start this, and get a good report on the March 2007 Indiana Stroker's Rally started.

Once again... the Rally was hosted at the "Truck Shop" on Adam's (purduefarmboy460) family farm. Thanks go out to Adam, Tamara, and Adam's family for their generous donation of the use of the facilities.

The first project was supposed to by the installation of my new gauges, but do to circumstances I couldn't control, I was not able to get there for the scheduled start time. For this reason Adam, JNGreen, House22, and some other members started installing a Stage III Snow Water/Meth Kit on Adam's truck.

I arrived at approximately 2:15. At that time, there was one battery out of the truck, the windshield washer bottle had been unbolted, and various potential locations for the pump were being discussed. I peaked in on what was happening, and then moved on to socialize with some other folks, as it seemed there was plenty of help, and I didn't want to be in the way. (I also knew I was gonna have to cook at some point.. and didn't want to get all greasy.)

A short while later, Adam unveiled the material for the new Indiana Members sign, Tamara cleaned it all up (she did an amazing job) and House and I started laying up the vinyl decal. When that was completed, we fired up the grill, and I got ready to cook my famous 2 hour pork loin.

The pork loin is one of the easies things I have ever learned to cook, and takes very little input. Over the next two hours, I monitored the pork's progress, peaked in on the install occasionally, and continued to socialize (harassing Adam on a regular basis of course). At 5:45, when I was preparing to cut up the soon to be cooked pork, Adam and a few others finally abandoned the underhood mounting location and proceded to start installing the pump in the toolbox. With help from BlackCloudStroker, a parts run by JNGreen, and assistance from a few other folks, the install started to take off at this point.

Food was ready to serve at about 6:20... however we delayed a bit waiting on JNGreen to return from his parts run. Once we started.. it was quiet in the shop for a while.. everyone was busy eating. To compliment the loin, DougO brought baked beans, and cole slaw, BlackCloudStroker provided an awesome spinach dip, there were chips, cookies, and someone brought a salsa type dip as well. Plenty of soft drinks were also available.

The Water/Meth install was completed sometime around 10 pm... and test drive/rides quickly ensued. While this was happening, my truck was moved into the shop, and preperations were made to do the gauge install. This isntall went very smoothly, with myself, Adam, and BlackCloudStroker working together. During the install, while taking pictures Tamara felt sorry for my poor dirty interior, and amused herself by detailing a good deal of my dash.

I don't recall what time the gauge install was completed... most folks had left by then though. My truck exited the shop after some light cleanup, and a short test ride was taken to verify that everything was working properly. Final cleanup (the big stuff) was done.. we closed everything up, and headed out.. it was very late/very early in the morning.

My ride home was uneventful, but it is interesting to have the gauges to watch now.

Adam and Tamara have tons of pictures, and should be posting them soon.

Lots of fun, good folks, and good food... Looking forward to next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 02:52 PM

Good to hear the Water/Meth install was a success, after all that time! Just kidding Adam. I would say that it was another successful Indiana Rally full of Good people, Great Food, and Good Fun! Cant wait for next month!! Thanks again to Adam for everything and Abobb for some GOOD pork loin, and every one else.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Man. I missed out. That's just Ogle'd up....
Old 03-25-2007, 07:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
Ogle this..... pics coming soon
Old 03-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to jngreen
Man I had to take off as soon as I helped finish the Water/Meth install and I didn't even get to take a ride in the beast. I guess I Ogle'd that up, all well, I get my chance soon enough.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to BOILERTURF2387
Dang Adam they sure are tough on you. ahahahahah Thanks for the comfy shop and Abobb thanks for the awesome pork. Had a great time yesterday and I will be happy to arrive in my OWN truck next month. Can't wait to see the new pics...
Old 03-25-2007, 09:47 PM

Ogled up huh?

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about all this name calling :rant: , but I guess I will go ahead and post a few pictures from the Rally...

As Aaron pretty much summed up, it was a great success, even if it did take 9 hours to install the Stage III Water and Methanol Kit from Snow Performance. I will pass the blame onto Blackcloudstroker (Jim) getting stuck and being late, and Tamara taking too long to take pictures for the install write up!!

There were tons of people in attendence. Which was great! I would like to point out that mentioned taking truck group pics more than once, as did House, I was perfectly fine with leaving mine behind at the shop!

Anyways, the food was amazing, the ORG folks were great, and the projects were let's just say interesting.

Heres some pics!!! Two camaras still to be collected for photos!

They will be Here!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
The pictures look good Adam.. I'm gonna have to get with you.. and have you email me a bunch of my truck so I can work on my garage.

I thought we had more pictures of the pork being cooked, prepped as well.. would like to have some of those so I can add to the Rally foods thread.

I see you started the April thread... gonna make my truck a spectator only if I am able to attend... let someone else get shop time.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 AM

Well first of all you were NOT waiting on me for pics. I don't know what you guys were doing for four hours, but there wasn't anything new to take pictures of.

The food was great! And the sign turned out really well! Overall it was a sucess, but I am now going to have to catch up on my sleep! Too late for me!

And hey I don't know about this "Ogle" thing.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 AM

Ditto, if we don't have projects, we will just make sure we got lots of photos of ALL the trucks lined up!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.