February 2007-The Cancelled Success! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Indiana Strokers Rallies Past Rallies and Events

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Is it even worth it???

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Unfortunately I didn't get this message until it was too late.. I had already driven the 4 hours to Sheridan... the last 45 mins or so in some pretty unpleasant weather.

I called Adam.. to get detailed directions to the Rally site.. and he put together an event on very short notice. Wasn't a lot.. but the people I got to meet were totally the opposite of the weather.. very pleasant.

No chilli... we had mexican instead.. and it was good.

Adam.. we need more females around so Tamara doesn't get so bored.. do we need a ladies auxilary to the Hoosier strokers.

Once the heat was on for a while.. and things thawed out.. we did an install on my truck.. will do a report about that in another thread, but I am gonna have to update my signature... thanks Adam.

All in all.... a very good time... I'll be glad to go back in the future. Now... where to go to next... gotta keep making trips so these guys are obligated to come visit when I have a Bluegrass Rally!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
Bad weather, what's that?

Well, like Aaron said, he didn't get the memo....

I rolled out to the shop at about 5pm just to make sure nobody was there. I arrived, nobody was there, I felt pretty good about things. Then the phone rang....

ABOBB had made the trip up from down south, and had left right before I posted that the rally was cancelled. I went into town and picked had him follow me out to the farm at which time he thought he was going to be in jail shortly prior too.... I'll let him explain....

We arrived, and I found out that he did indeed have a project to work on, one of my favorite installs. So we got his truck inside, got it melted off, and completely dry while we started working, and got our dinner.

Blackcloudstroker stopped in to see us with his wife, along with SFDEXP6659, truaxfarmgirl (who was with me ), and jngreen came by after he was done salting roads around midnight.

We got the install completed, and had the trucks running to leave around 3, but shut them off and continued conversations untill around 6:30 this morning...

Great time, even though it was cancelled. Sorry for those of you who didn't come on account of my post and the weather!

Adam
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduefarmboy460 View Post

Great time, even though it was cancelled. Sorry for those of you who didn't come on account of my post and the weather!

Adam
Wish I had gotten that memo...hey adam, I'm still looking for your house!
But since it's over, guess I'll head back home...
Old 02-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to House22
I was salting some, and plowed enterances some
Old 02-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduefarmboy460 View Post
Well, like Aaron said, he didn't get the memo....

I rolled out to the shop at about 5pm just to make sure nobody was there. I arrived, nobody was there, I felt pretty good about things. Then the phone rang....

ABOBB had made the trip up from down south, and had left right before I posted that the rally was cancelled. I went into town and picked had him follow me out to the farm at which time he thought he was going to be in jail shortly prior too.... I'll let him explain....

We arrived, and I found out that he did indeed have a project to work on, one of my favorite installs. So we got his truck inside, got it melted off, and completely dry while we started working, and got our dinner.

Blackcloudstroker stopped in to see us with his wife, along with SFDEXP6659, truaxfarmgirl (who was with me ), and jngreen came by after he was done salting roads around midnight.

We got the install completed, and had the trucks running to leave around 3, but shut them off and continued conversations untill around 6:30 this morning...

Adam
Ok... to explain the arrested thing... I was following Adam to his place, and he was following SFDEXP6659 (I think) and they pulled over side by side on this snow covered side road to chat for a minute... leaving me setting behind them. Then a police car pulls up onto the road behind me. So... here I sit.. with us blocking traffic, a police car behind me, bad weather... and I start to figure that we are probably going to get into trouble for blocking the road. I tapped the horn, so that Adam and Eric would see the cop, they see him, and start to take off, both of them hitting the gas and turning sideways as they drive away!!!!

Turns out the cop is cool, and friendly.. so it was ok.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to jngreen
the cancelled rally turned out to be one of the best yet...
Old 02-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngreen View Post
the cancelled rally turned out to be one of the best yet...
ha! and you missed out on the food!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I want to try to make it up to the next one Adam, i'll have full time internet access back by next week so i'll be able to keep up again.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Well I was starting that way, with doubts about the weather, and the BlackBerry tells me it's a no go. Well I ended up sitting with my brother in laws and Jimmie Beam for a LONG nite of nasty weather. Darn Black Berry, it might not have been a pleasant drive out, but down at the house by 11 PM everything was melted and clear. Hopefully I get another oppurtunity. Thanks again for the invite Adam.

Rob
Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM

start posting up some times when ya'll want to come up for March! House started a thread last night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.