Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New to the forums

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  87international 
#1 ·
Just thought I would stop in and say hello. I was born and raised in Indiana, and call Parke Co. home. Currently searching for an 7.3 Excursion to replace my Crown Vic. Three kids and too much stuff to haul around. My husband drives an early 99 F350 that I love, but we don't really need a third truck.

A little about me. Married, three kids, a beagle dog, and a yard full of chickens. I garden, fish, and hunt anything with a season. I do a lot of freezing and canning. I like to build and fix things around the house. I'm tackling my first big mechanical project this weekend, replacing a head gasket in an 87 Toyota. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I was 2.5 to 3 hours in when I got irritated with the intake manifold. Back at it in the morning I suppose.

#3 ·
They are crazy expensive! My husband keeps reminding me that he paid less for his 7.3 ten years ago than what I'm going to end up paying :/ I'm going to Tennessee to check one out on Monday. Hopefully it works out. I'm going to give it a few more months before I throw in the towel and buy a crew cab.

#4 ·
You might find a 6.0 cheaper... Even after spending $2-3k on bulletproofing :thumb: you would then have more power and better fuel milage.

#5 ·
If I had the money to buy one and bulletproof it, and someone to help me fix it, I would jump on an '05 in a heartbeat. But I think the vehicle itself would eat up all of my funds leaving me with nothing to fix it. That's just not a situation I'm comfortable dealing with. Not to mention, I don't know anyone that could go with me to help me out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.