Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 indy help

2K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  00greenmachine 
#1 ·
iv been to 4 different shops and no luck. my truck has a vibration at idle when warm . a pulsing feeling that comes and goes every couple seconds. when i take the icp off its fine so i replaced it and all that and no luck.. does anyone know the 7.3 real well in the indy or close to the area? just need some help. thanks

#3 ·
id check fuel pressure

#4 ·
i took it to ford and they replaced the wiring and icp, myers garage did a new #8 injector. replaced the cps and still nothing.. haven't checked fuel pressure yet. i bought it a couple months ago and it had a lot of dirt and crap in the fuel bowl and it started running bad like the injectors were going out then i cleaned it good and it straightened up and i put new synthetic oil in it and the vibration started. its like a pulsing you can feel and it runs rough around 40-50 mph. but still when i disconnect the icp i clears up the pulsing feel but it does run a little rougher

#7 ·
i was thinking the injectors might be scared up bc the crap in the fuel could that cause it? or a hpop problem or ipr or fuel pressure?... the truck was sitting for years when i bought it and they drove it here and it sucked crap up into the motor i think that may me a factor,, the only other thing i did was change from conventional to synthetic that couldn't do it could it?

#10 ·
I'm running the rotella t6 synthetic in it now.. it was just regular 15w40 I'm sure in it its whole life...it seems to wrong strong but right in the 40-50 range it just feels shaky and not as strong and smooth.. if i really step on it and run through the gears fast and get up to 60 quick i don't feel it. its when i cruise and slowly get around 40 it starts to do it..i imagine that and the weird vibration are connected.. i thought it was the icp til i got a new one and it still does it and it stops when its unplugged ..im stumped and no one seems to know what do do where iv taken it before

#13 ·
i don't know about the power balance. I'm pretty sure they did thecontrabution test.. they said they did a buzz test and they said they did a compression text and everything they said was fine. who knows if what they said was right or not.. I'm sure when i took it to ford last week they didn't.. they said that the icp would fix it and i drove it home and it didn't so i called up there and they want me to bring it back and have me go on a ride with the tech and talk to him tomorrow

#22 ·
thats what i heard but who know.. i was in the driveway in the truck and figured out that it shakes pretty good between 1-1.7 rpm then when it goes higher than around 1.5 it smooths out.. this i think is the shake when i feel around 45 mph when it downshifts and hits around 1.5 rpm.. what could that be again could it be fuel pressure or oil related or injector?...im going to hopefully pick up a fuel pressure tester tonight.. i ran out of time with work and couldn't take to back to ford today hopefully later this week i can get it by there unless i solve them problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.