Purdue University - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Indiana Members Indiana Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Purdue University

hey all,
i am trying to figure out what my choices are for college for construction engineering and was wondering what you all thought of purdue if any of you go there. thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 05:17 AM

Great school for engineering, my son just started his freshman year mid term, and he is going for ag engineering and technology. And his friend is going for a civil engineering degree. He's wants to work for Deere some day designing stuff. We will see . I think Purdue is in the top ten engineering schools in the country. He is meeting a lot of guys with the same interest as him. Said he was going to check out a diesel club tonight. But he he said you need a lot of math. And it's the hardest part. Great way to meet other guys like him and forget the HS sports BS.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Hate stupid people

I"m a Jr up here at Purdue, except i'm in the Ag dept school. I know of alot of guys up here for engineering and have heard nothing but great things comming from it. Plenty of diesel guys rolling around up here (mainly dodge though) but its ok

Ya hopperwagonbob, we started a diesel club this year and have had pretty good luck with getting members in the door. we usually have atleast 20 guys show up. Had a guest speaker before, truck show, and hoping to atleast have a dyno sometime this spring and even possibly a pull in the next year or 2
Let me know Big BAd Bubba if theres anything else you need
Old 01-19-2011, 03:50 PM

thanks for the info, i am definitely interested in purdue...it is a little far from home since im from cali but thats ok as long as there is stuff to do around the college...so whats there to do?
thats awesome that there are a lot of diesel trucks around up there, id definitely join the diesel club
ya id like to forget some of the hs sports bs for sure, my school is a BIG sports school...not so big education school, o well haha

how is the housing and food? i love food so thats always got to be good lol.
how about the teachers? are they generally nice and helpful? thanks a lot!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Hate stupid people

theres alot of programs availabel to everyones likings here on campus. Alot of variety of clubs and events always available to join in to.
As far as housing and food and such, you'll have to get online and check out the residency halls and dorms or fraternities and such, all depends on what your looking for.

I've had great success with all my Ag professors and such, but every dept. is differnt.

Are you still in HS now or would u be transfering from a differnet college of some kind?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:25 PM

yes i am a junior in highschool now so im looking at it for 2012, if you dont mind, how hard was it to get into the school? what was your hs gpa? how about sat? thanks a lot!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Hate stupid people

i couldn't tell you about the highschool gpa or the sat's, i transfered here from a community college so they took my transcripts from there. Your best bet is to just get online and get a phone # and talk with directly, or just search their site for what your wanting and you'll get all your info
Old 01-21-2011, 01:22 PM

alright thanks a lot for all the info, ill have to get on that and get a hold of them...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:31 PM

I am a freshman at purdue in ASM, it is a great school, especially for anything engineering or technology related.
As far as the food and housing on campus, the food is amazing, the housing is tolerable. There are 5 food courts on campus that have a huge variety of all you can eat "restaurants." The food is honestly one of the best parts of the school.
I am from the area and I would say there is quite a bit of stuff to do around campus. I'm sure it's no California, but it is pretty cool, I mean it is college after all. There is a diesel club like was said, as well as just about any other kind of club you can think of. There is active greek life if you are interested in that.
Also it would be nice to have another 6.4 back on campus!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:38 PM

As far as getting in, you are out of state so I am sure they would love to have you.
My scores were all pretty high, I got in easily and got some good scholarships. As far as getting into engineering I know a couple of buddies of mine got in with scores around 1700-1800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.