need a cheaply priced painter in NW Indiana - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Indiana Members Indiana Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
Question need a cheaply priced painter in NW Indiana

hey guys, my truck's up there right now and I need some work done....I want to get my new hood, tailgate( 2 mini dents ), and my rollpan painted to match my truck. my truck is located near Elkhart and Mishawaka( pretty much between the two )....so somewhere near there would be ideal...even with GPS my wife can't find her way out of a papersack LOL. please help, I wanna get this stuff on there before she leaves for Virginia next month so it's less stuff that needs to be packed. please email me with a price quote, or even just put it up here. thanks in advance and hopefully we can get it painted together....

Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99250on14inches View Post
hey guys, my truck's up there right now and I need some work done....I want to get my new hood, tailgate( 2 mini dents ), and my rollpan painted to match my truck. my truck is located near Elkhart and Mishawaka( pretty much between the two )....so somewhere near there would be ideal...even with GPS my wife can't find her way out of a papersack LOL. please help, I wanna get this stuff on there before she leaves for Virginia next month so it's less stuff that needs to be packed. please email me with a price quote, or even just put it up here. thanks in advance and hopefully we can get it painted together....

Chad
hey chad sorry i forgot to get back to you about those UVCH. ill be home all next week so shoot me a pm and ill be able to run out to the shop and see what i can find. also since i live around there if you do find something let me know if i can help by going and looking put money down or even help put the parts on the truck.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
hey clif,

not a big deal...if you're available( Ill pay you to do the valve cover gaskets...and possibly install some rear shocks on the truck....you know anyone that can paint in our area pretty cheap? I want to get this stuff painted, she picks up my 08 gate tonight( got it for 150 bucks )....along with all the extra parts to do my 08 dash conversion...also Im putting a rollpan on my truck and I need the hitch pulled off, I want to relocate it when I get home( I heard you can move it forward to the next set of holes......

let me know if you can help( what are the dates you'll be home? ) I kinda wanna see some pics of our trucks together...I can get the wife to run out to Middlebury to your house.

Chad

also do you know if an f150 styleside is the same width at the rear? I know the gates and the lights are the same, but their rollpans look so much better and they're so much cheaper so Im thinkin about ordering a 150 rollpan....help
Old 11-23-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
hey clif,

not a big deal...if you're available( Ill pay you to do the valve cover gaskets...and possibly install some rear shocks on the truck....you know anyone that can paint in our area pretty cheap? I want to get this stuff painted, she picks up my 08 gate tonight( got it for 150 bucks )....along with all the extra parts to do my 08 dash conversion...also Im putting a rollpan on my truck and I need the hitch pulled off, I want to relocate it when I get home( I heard you can move it forward to the next set of holes......

let me know if you can help( what are the dates you'll be home? ) I kinda wanna see some pics of our trucks together...I can get the wife to run out to Middlebury to your house.

Chad

also do you know if an f150 styleside is the same width at the rear? I know the gates and the lights are the same, but their rollpans look so much better and they're so much cheaper so Im thinkin about ordering a 150 rollpan....help
im more then willing to help with anything you need. i've had my engine out twice now so i should be able to help you out with as much as you need. ill be home all of next week after Tuesday but i plan on being in the woods from 6 to 6 deer hunting so ill be pretty busy. The next time i plan on being home will be around Christmas time for a month so if you have a bigger project i could tackle it then. But im open most weekends to go home and work if needed. as for paint i actually know 2 people that will paint for cheap. but last time i checked they couldnt fit my truck so yours would be the same for you. ill call them and see if anything has changed though. I know what you mean the f-150 parts are way cheaper but there was a thread that was dealing with that same question and i think they are different sizes.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 AM
Banned

well I don't need the whole truck in there, all I need are my hood, tailgate, and rollpan painted....we'll need to figure somethin out to get the valve cover gaskets fixed...Im not gonna have you come up on your weekends off of school just to work on my truck lol the rest can wait...but there are a few things that could get installed now

fog lights w/HID kit
HID kit
DIY intake
hood(after paint)
tailgate( after paint )
rollpan( after paint )
and my shocks
that's pretty much all I have right now....not really anything else goin on at this moment.

Chad

lemme know if you wanna tackle it one day next week.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
well I don't need the whole truck in there, all I need are my hood, tailgate, and rollpan painted....we'll need to figure somethin out to get the valve cover gaskets fixed...Im not gonna have you come up on your weekends off of school just to work on my truck lol the rest can wait...but there are a few things that could get installed now

fog lights w/HID kit
HID kit
DIY intake
hood(after paint)
tailgate( after paint )
rollpan( after paint )
and my shocks
that's pretty much all I have right now....not really anything else goin on at this moment.

Chad

lemme know if you wanna tackle it one day next week.
alright sounds good. ill let you know if some free time comes up.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Banned

yeah lemme know, the main thing Im worried about is getting the body parts painted and installed so when she moves home in a month and a half she doesnt have to worry about transporting it. and I dont have to worry about it getting damaged in shipping in the bed of my truck...and getting the rear shocks and the valve cover gaskets done........let me know what they say about painting it....it's the same color as your truck so it should be easy to get the paint code without my truck being there LOL....

Chad
Old 11-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Banned

hey Clif, were you able to find out about painting? trying to get everything painted, my rollpan is getting ordered Monday morning and will be shipped straight to my house, the wife is going to install it if she can't find a painter for everything at once....I really want her to find a painter though....

Chad
Old 11-25-2009, 10:08 AM

check pm
Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

probably cant do much good now.. but future reference... I paint on the side, I have refrences and can show some b4 and after pics..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.