Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new to diesel

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  bullrider08 
#1 ·
want to get head studs installed on my new o5 f350 and noone in rockford area wants to even look at diesels for any work except dealer and their prices suck. anyone know any good shop in my area for diesel work and performance?:icon_ford::thumb:

#3 ·
no i have 119000 miles on my truck and want to do some mods.. nice truck

#5 ·
dealer wants 100bucks per hour. looking for a egr cooler delete kit now since my egr went bad today. did you delete yours if so how much did it cost you and who did it? i'm located in rockford 45 min north of chicago

#6 · (Edited)
That's a little high for labor. Most are around $75-$80. I just blocked off the EGR with a plate from Elite Diesel. Not the best way to do it but it helps. You can buy what they call a sneaky pipe but its around $500. There is a write up on here about how to use what is already there and weld in a plate to do it yourself. A lot cheaper. I'll try to find that thread with the EGR delete write up. Are you going to run a SCT with custom tunes?

There is a shop in Plainfield, Il. called No Limit Diesel. Don't know how close that is to you but the number is 630-913-3500. Here they are very good.

#7 ·
i,m not sure were to get a sct from but i hear thats the way to go.. i just got my truck 3 weeks ago and this egr thing happened so it put a delay in my performance cash spending. i found a kit to delete the egr cooler on ebay for 150 comes with directions and all you need suposely to do it so i think i'm going to buy that and install it.. then i can get back to exhaust,tuners,intakes,and so on.. thanks for the shops # in plainfeild i'm only a hour away from it.

#9 ·
#11 ·
whats a sneaky pipe? and do you have a link

#14 ·
thanks for all the help i'm going to try eliminating the whole system hopfully this weekend.

#16 ·
Hey, I just did a search for rockford and your thread came up. Did you ever find a shop? Empire Diesel is out of Debuque. My buddy has a pulling truck and gets all of his work done there. I'm from 'bago. Where did you end up going if you've already had the work done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.