haha i forgot.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Illiana Strokers Indiana and Illinois States Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha i forgot....

ummmm i kinda feel dumb but i never did write down what hotel the illianastrokers and I are stayin at during schied.....i cant remember if its hampton inn or holiday in or what it is.......if some one who knows could chime in i would appriciate it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
a truck

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We are at the hampton inn
Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM

yeah i found that in the other post.......hey you painted you obs didnt you????? im thinkin i want to paint mine and just want to know how long it took.......im not sure what color yet......i figure i have to fix rust first but that shouldnt take long either.....and ill just tape everything off......
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 PM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Power View Post
yeah i found that in the other post.......hey you painted you obs didnt you????? im thinkin i want to paint mine and just want to know how long it took.......im not sure what color yet......i figure i have to fix rust first but that shouldnt take long either.....and ill just tape everything off......
I didnt paint it, I did the body work and took it to maaco and got one crappy quality paint job for 600 bucks, not to mention it was my first go around at body work and that sucked as well. lol

Now rust is coming back which is why I got a rust free bed, doors and front fenders waiting to go on when I repaint the truck again next year, I wont mess with painting, I dont have a paint booth or anything so I just thing Id screw something up, the taping would take you four or five hours, its just time consuming to get it all right.

I wish I had the time to repaint it this year but money is forcing me to wait til next year
Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 PM

yeah i dont have a paint booth either but.......i've done multiple tractors.....my most recent a JD 4010 that me and 2 buddies did......looks brand new......didnt take more then a week......i figure about 2hours rust fixin 2 hours tapin and 1 primin it......and 2-3 hours paintin.........i just dont know what color yet........and id be runnin atleast 2 guns at all times.......im also not cuttin and weldin rust im foamin it......buddy did it along time ago and still solid......
Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 PM
a truck

Quote:
yeah i dont have a paint booth either but.......i've done multiple tractors.....my most recent a JD 4010 that me and 2 buddies did......looks brand new......didnt take more then a week......i figure about 2hours rust fixin 2 hours tapin and 1 primin it......and 2-3 hours paintin.........i just dont know what color yet........and id be runnin atleast 2 guns at all times.......im also not cuttin and weldin rust im foamin it......buddy did it along time ago and still solid......
that wouldnt be too bad then, I may teach myself how to paint, just would have to find something to learn on first
Old 07-30-2009, 06:51 PM

haha come over to my place ill let you try on my truck......i can always fix it.....the hardest part for me to teach my couzins was to mix the paint w/ the thinner just right......other than that its just hold the trigger i run like 50psi threw the guns most say to do 30 at the most......i like the feel of 50 not to much over spray but i also dont have to go over the spot 10 times to get it painted......
Old 07-30-2009, 06:53 PM
a truck

Quote:
haha come over to my place ill let you try on my truck......i can always fix it.....the hardest part for me to teach my couzins was to mix the paint w/ the thinner just right......other than that its just hold the trigger i run like 50psi threw the guns most say to do 30 at the most......i like the feel of 50 not to much over spray but i also dont have to go over the spot 10 times to get it painted......
hmmm doesnt sound too bad to do then. That will be next years project for me.

haha Id feel bad if I screwed something up on someone elses truck
Old 07-30-2009, 06:56 PM

haha i painted a tractor at school for a customer to practice before i started doin familys' and friends tractors.......i have never done a whole vehicle before.......it should be fun........
Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 PM
a truck

Quote:
haha i painted a tractor at school for a customer to practice before i started doin familys' and friends tractors.......i have never done a whole vehicle before.......it should be fun........
It will definitley be a good project for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.