Possible "tech" chat night - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a "tech" chat night??
Absolutly, I think it would be very helpfull 27 81.82%
No, i don't think it would be very helpfull 0 0%
Don't care, why you buggin me with these polls?? 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible "tech" chat night

Hey guys, i got this idea about doing a scheduled "tech" chat night once a week and thought I would put it out there for yall to vote on. Post any thoughts/suggestions here. If there is enough response I will post a poll on what night to have it on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am for it, but can you elaborate further as to what will be going on. Will this be a Q&A session or what?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilverbullet View Post
i am for it, but can you elaborate further as to what will be going on. Will this be a Q&A session or what?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Yeah pretty much, if ya got a problem it will give you a place to get more "real time" help. Basiclly if you have any sort of technical question you can go there to get it answered. I have thought about doing a "how to" kind of thing but not sure how that would work out
Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

here is the jist....this is duanes idea. Guys like myself and him answer a lot of questions on here, but a lot of "in between time" happens with differences in time zones, etc. If times were set, guys could get a little more timely help with the ability to answer questions and ask more without having lag time. This is something that will be tough though. I know i personally have a lot of stuff to do on here. For instance i am trying to go through all members that visited today and ban the spammers im finding. i dont have time tonight to chat. Duane knows a lot tech wise, but may not know one particular question. Stroketech trainign the same. So a question i dont know the answer to, but duane does, or duane doesnt know, stroketech does.....you guys get the jist....

BUT it would be a good oppertuninty to attempt to help guys live.....just know that no matter how good the guy answering questions is, nobody has all the answers....
Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't know nuttin....

We don't need to give Marc anymore reasons to increase his post count!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
We don't need to give Marc anymore reasons to increase his post count!
you dont get posts in the chat room
Old 09-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Oh, chat room....duh. I didn't read it all the way through....
Old 09-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Let em throw this one at cha......setup a "tech team" of those of us who actually lay under the hoods of these things all day, setup a profile for each tech, and supply an inbox or link to our email if someone has a tech question. I think it would be alot better way to kick something like this off then to try and get everyone in 4 different time zones to get online at once. I think that would be alot easier and efficient. It would be alot easier for me to send info like diagrams and such. This way people needing more than just advise or opinions could actually get the tech info they need, without having to wait for us to find it posted on the board somewhere. Just a thought.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

we already have a "tech team" of sorts silverbullet. If you prove yourself over time, you will be included in it.

If you look at the usernames, some of them are in green. It is most noticable on the "online today" area towards the bottom of the main forum screen. All names in green are "techies" or site techs. Not all of them are actual techs, but all of them do everything within thier power to help guys out. I am a master tech, stroketechintraing is a guy about my age with a little less experiernce but a lot of ambition who knows a lot about these trucks as well. The rest of the "techies" are guys who know quite a bit, and what they dont know they rely on the forum for info and direct guys to threads that answer thier questions. Becoming a site tech is simply a matter of showing you love this site and helping guys out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.