Powerstroke.org Local Chapters - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Is it even worth it???

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Powerstroke.org Local Chapters

The Powerstroke.org staff is pleased to announce that we have decided to charter Local Chapters of Powerstroke.org. Following are the General Chapter Bylaws. Anyone who is interested in forming a Local Chapter should read these closely. Any questions can be directed to the staff.

Powerstroke.org
Local Chapter Bylaws
I. Purpose.
In order to facilitate the formation, and function of local, active, chapters of Powerstroke.org members the following bylaws and conditions are hereby set forth.
II. Requirements.
Local chapters may be formed by any group of Powerstroke.org members who meet or exceed the minimum requirements, and who maintain their status as a local chapter in good standing.
A. Local Chapters will be required to have a minimum of ten (10) members.

B. Chapters will be required to maintain a percentage of premium members based on chapter size.
1. Chapters with ten (10) to nineteen (19) members must maintain fifty percent (50%) premium status.

2. Chapter with twenty (20) to forty-nine (49) members must maintain twenty five percent (25%) premium status.
C. It is required that each local chapter conduct a minimum of four (4) events per year.
1. These events may consist of meet and greets, wrench days, track days, rallies, or any other type of social gathering.

2. Attendance minimums based on Chapter size must be met.
a. Chapters with ten (10) to nineteen (19) members must have fifty percent (50%) attendance.

b. Chapters with twenty (20) to forty-nine (49) member must have twenty-five percent (25%).
Local chapters will be expected to represent Powerstroke.org, it’s members, staff, sponsors, and owners in a positive way at all times. This means that planned events, and the members who attend them will follow the Powerstroke.org Code of Conduct.
III. Chapter Leaders
A. Each local chapter will select, from it’s membership, the following:

1. One Chapter Director.
This person will be responsible for taking the lead in organizing Chapter event. They will also conduct any formal meeting that the Chapter may choose to hold.

2. One Assistant Chapter Director.
This person will be responsible for assisting the Chapter Director in his or her duties. This person will also perform the Chapter Director’s duties in the Chapter Director’s absence.

3. One Chapter Historian.
This person will be responsible for documenting chapter activities and reporting them in the Chapter Forum on Powerstroke.org. Reports should include both written information, and pictures and or video of the event.

It should be noted that none of these elected positions provide to the person who holds them any power, or authority over any other member. These positions exist to provide the Chapter with a common resource to coordinate Chapter activities.

Each of these positions will be elected by majority vote of the Chapter membership. Terms will be one year, with new elections held annually. Candidates must be nominated, and seconded by fellow members of the chapter.

Elections will be held annually, within one week of the anniversary of the Chapter’s Date of foundation.

Elections, with the exception of those held to choose the initial Chapter Leaders, will be held using forum polls in the Local Chapter’s section of the Powerstroke.org website.

There must be at least one person over 50% of the Chapter Membership participating for an election to be valid.

Site staff members (Moderators, Super Moderators, and Administrators) are not allowed to hold Chapter Leadership positions.

Members who wish to hold these positions must be Premium Members in good standing of Powerstroke.org, and must remain so throughout their term.

The Powerstroke.org site staff reserves the right to remove any Chapter Leader at any time for just cause. IE: breach of Powerstroke.org Code of Conduct, removal (permanent ban) from Powerstroke.org membership, or any other infraction as deemed necessary by the Powerstroke.org site staff.
IV. Chapter Operation.
Each Local Chapter should draft bylaws that govern how the Local Chapter functions. These Local Chapter bylaws will be in addition to the Powerstroke.org General Chapter Bylaws. Local Chapter bylaws should not in any way, or at any time deviate from, exempt, or preempt the Powerstroke.org Chapter Bylaws. Local Chapter bylaws must be presented to the Powerstroke.org site staff, and approved before they may take effect.
V. Chapter Advisement.
The Local Chapters should consider any and/or all members of the site staff (Moderators, Super Moderators, Administrators) to be potential advisors. They should consult with site staff concerning their activities to assure that Local Chapter events are planned and conducted within the Powerstroke.org Code of Conduct.
VI. Chapter Logo.
Local Chapters may design their own distinctive identifying logo. This logo should incorporate the Powerstroke.org logo, yet also be indicative in some way of the area the Local Chapter represents. These logos can be used to create stickers, flags, and or clothing for Local Chapter members to use to represent both their Local Chapter and Powerstroke.org. Chapter logos should positively represent both the Local Chapter, and Powerstroke.org, and abide by the Powerstroke.org Code of Conduct.
VII. Chapter Formation.
Chapters may be formed by following these guidelines.
A. Gather the requisite number of members.

B. Select a name, logo, and leaders.

C. Submit a list of members, a proposed name, a proposed logo, and a list of leaders to the Powerstroke.org Site Staff.
If the Powerstroke.org Site Staff approves, the Chapter may begin operation.
Any and all requirements in these bylaws are subject to change and/or adjustment at any time, without notice. Such change or adjustment can only be effected by the Powerstroke.org site staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

This is a good idea. The northeast boys already qualify and definitely have more than enough events. The 50% attendance requirement for groups of 10 to 20 is pretty stiff. Unfortunately I can see the only way to meet this requirement at times will be to expel members who do not attend at least 2 meets in a row. This would limit the membership to those that actively participate.

I can see the MD/DE/NJ/PA boys becoming the first chapter!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All about it!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

id like to get in on it also but as 720deere said it might be hard to get that many to make it to the meets in a row
Old 03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Is it even worth it???

Matt.. the guys in your area are a big part of what inspired us to set this up. I'm with you in thinking that your group will most likely be the very first Chapter!!!

I think you guys are missing the idea on the attendance quota. It does not mean that every member must attend 50% of the events. It means that in order for an event to qualify as one of the 4 quota events for the year, that at least 50% of the membership must be in attendance at that event. If there are 10 members in the chapter, and the same 5 guys get together to do something 4 different times.. that qualifies.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
lifetime member

anyone in north florida, south georgia area?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM

dang that is alot of reading there Aaron...and to many $10 words in there also!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to cowboymafia
hey aaron are ya wantin to start i think that it would be pretty cool to have one of them i know we can get the min. of 10 people no problem
Old 03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Is it even worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboymafia View Post
hey aaron are ya wantin to start i think that it would be pretty cool to have one of them i know we can get the min. of 10 people no problem
I'd love to see one get started around here. I think we have plenty of members, the issue may be getting activity and involvement to happen.

As a member of the site staff.. I can't hold a leadership position.. but I would be more than happy to help get a Chapter organized in this area.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
This is a good idea. The northeast boys already qualify and definitely have more than enough events. The 50% attendance requirement for groups of 10 to 20 is pretty stiff. Unfortunately I can see the only way to meet this requirement at times will be to expel members who do not attend at least 2 meets in a row. This would limit the membership to those that actively participate.

I can see the MD/DE/NJ/PA boys becoming the first chapter!
I would have to agree when reading this you guys are who came to mind 1st
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.