Powerstroke Modifications - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powerstroke Modifications

I will be joining the PSD family soon! If the name doesn't give it away, it will be a 6.0 of the 2005 version. To be more specific, F350 SRW, KR, CCLB, 4x4. I have been reading a lot on here and many other diesel sites and I believe I know the mods that will work best for me. However, I know the basics of modifications and you can't polish a turd. I want to make sure I do things in the right order to ensure durability. So, here is my plan/order of upgrades/tunes and I would like your input from research and/or personal experience on what you guys think and if you think I should check anything before adding certain mods:

Listed first-to-last:

Upgrade oil cooler and egr to BPD systems (flush system and use ELC)

Upgrade FICM to BPD 4 or 6 phase

Tune FICM with PHP Gryphon (will not run Atlas 80 or Herc at this point)

Upgraded ARP head studs (head gasket and all that goes with it at this time)

I plan on installing these next 3 as close together as possible, if not all at the same time:

AFE cold air intake, MBRP 4" exhaust and SCT tuner.

Does the ecm need reprogrammed before the SCT? I've read posts on this but they've gone back and forth so much I can't make heads or tails on it.

Are there any other important upgrades to consider? I know some say turbo, but I'm not looking for a drag truck. Just a versatile daily driver that will occasionally tow and can have some fun in with the idiots on the road here in Indiana. Also, should these go in another order?

Thanks for the input and I look forward to sharing the progression of my new rig with you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2005, 2005 powerstroke, 6.0l

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.