Minimum Post Count For Sales - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Minimum Post Count For Sales

I think we need to make it so members have to have a minimum number of posts, 25+ before they're allowed to post in the for sale section. There are far too many posts in the for sale section from people who signed up solely to sell their item or vehicle. It also opens up members to being scammed by new, unknown sellers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think I agree... I understand both sides but I THINK if they wanna sell, IM SURE they can post and get to know some people on the ORG and just let people know who they are... 25 posts is Nothing, I can do that in a day

LOL
Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
I think I agree... I understand both sides but I THINK if they wanna sell, IM SURE they can post and get to know some people on the ORG and just let people know who they are... 25 posts is Nothing, I can do that in an hour

LOL
Fixed it for you
Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
We have kicked that idea around a lot and continue to do so. Trust me the staff is trying to come up with the best solution for this.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker<br />
I think I agree... I understand both sides but I THINK if they wanna sell, IM SURE they can post and get to know some people on the ORG and just let people know who they are... 25 posts is Nothing, I can do that in <font color="Red">an hour</font> <br />
<br />
LOL
<br />
<br />
Fixed it for you
I agree with you guys.

I think you BOTH can do 25 in an hour lol. 25 really isn't that many and it would give someone the ability to get to know at least a few people.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM

I agree I think a minimum should be imposed, but I also agree 25 wouldn't do much good, I see a lot of places use 100, not that you couldn't do that in an evening, but you learn to check out some of the past posts to see if they are useful or just post-padding. It would be better than nothing.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 PM

I agree with you guys to a point, but at the same time I am (others included) the minority in this. Too bad we didn't have a timer or something saying how much time has been spent on the forum..because personally I don't post much but have spent countless days on here learning from you guys. I would rather stand back and learn than post unless I am 100% sure my post is needed.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I think we need to make it so members have to have a minimum number of posts, 25+ before they're allowed to post in the for sale section. There are far too many posts in the for sale section from people who signed up solely to sell their item or vehicle. It also opens up members to being scammed by new, unknown sellers.
I agree that we need to fix this, but...

Putting a minimum amount of posts required lock, will end up giving us a bunch of garbage threads and posts. (more then we already have)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96stroker19 View Post
Too bad we didn't have a timer or something saying how much time has been spent on the forum
I think this is a solution. Or maybe you have to be a member for 30 days before you can use the classifeids. Or both!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
I agree that we need to fix this, but...

Putting a minimum amount of posts required lock, will end up giving us a bunch of garbage threads and posts. (more then we already have)

I think this is a solution. Or maybe you have to be a member for 30 days before you can use the classifeids. Or both!
I think that is a good way to go, a member for at least 30 days with a minimum post count. I'm just tired of seeing "my truck for sale $38,000" or "05 turbo $800" and that for sale thread is their first or only post.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Slacker

I'm so glad to see this thread. Like Josh said, it's one we have debated on the staff for several years and we still haven't come up with an adequate solution. I will be interested to see what you guys come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.