anyone know pcm location in a 1996 f250?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone know pcm location in a 1996 f250??

hey yall, im trying to get my truck chipped out. it is a 1996 f250, 2wd, 4speed, automatic trans. but first i need to get the PCM code to ensure i get the right chip...but first i need to find my PCM. anyone know where it is located?

im looking at TS perfomance chips right now... anyone can offer this rookie some help itd be appreciated. thanks.

p.s. if anyone can offer their opinions on chips etc. im all ears! thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

If I remember correctly, the end of it sticks through the firewall into the engine bay, on the driver's side, down a little ways. I had to use an extendable mirror to see it. it's a combination of four letters and numbers. I believe there was like a giant bar code on the cover of the PCM as well.

I'm sure someone will step in who knows for sure. It's been a good year since I had to get my PCM code.

As far as chips, I'm very happy with my PHP tunes, and they have very reasonable prices.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue'96stroke View Post
hey yall, im trying to get my truck chipped out. it is a 1996 f250, 2wd, 4speed, automatic trans. but first i need to get the PCM code to ensure i get the right chip...but first i need to find my PCM. anyone know where it is located?

im looking at TS perfomance chips right now... anyone can offer this rookie some help itd be appreciated. thanks.

p.s. if anyone can offer their opinions on chips etc. im all ears! thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 3 nuts holding the e-brake on, remove them, drop the bracket and your looking at the back of the pcm.

On your model truck, you will want to use the MLE1 code for the chip, so whoever you get it from, just use that for the pcm code.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thank you!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

As far as chips goes, Tony Wildman, who just replied, is a custom tuner and one of the popular ones. Custom tunes are better than canned tunes, like ones from TS.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so i took out my parking break and there was a silver box, and there was an opening covered by a removable black rectangilar cover, where exactly do i get this "code" for the chip id need? i trust your advice for the "MLE1" but id just like to find it for myself and maybe learn a little too. i got some pics.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

also i searched the code MLE1 and i got a list of codes and MLE1 matched my make, but i have an automatic not a manual.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 AM

I think there's a sticker on it somewhere with a 4 character code. The PCM is the silver box, and the black is just what supports it.
Power Hungry Performance - Frequently Asked Questions
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM

the code will be on the engine side of the PCM so you have to pop the hood to find the code. you will also need some sort of mirror. a shiny knife will work.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I flashed my PCM using an Edge Product Programmer P15000. Now my PCM is stuck in limp mode, only goes 10 mph then shuts down. Anyone know how to get the PCM out of limp mode? I have disconnected the batteries, put the original program back in the PCM, but still stuck in limp mode. It was tough getting home at 10 mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.