Paint, detailing, body work section. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Paint, detailing, body work section.

I know each truck generation has a exterior area , I think it would be nice to have a section like suspension does to have a over all paint, detailing , bodywork section that would cover all the years of trucks. Just my 2 cents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've done body work my whole life, and worked in a dealership doing mostly body work for 4 years. Most of my experience is with Dupont and 3m products, but I've done everything from collision repair to fixing up older stuff. I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I`ve got the front door rot on both sides, down at the bottom , looks like it started because of the weather striping and now the outside paint is starting to bubble. I don`t have any pictures, right now. Whats they best thing to do to fix this problem? Thanks for your HELP!! This is why we should have a section for this , if I were to post this only in the generation of my truck , I may or may not get very many responds. Thanks!!!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a small sand blaster that I cleaned them up with first. That's the most important part. Then sprayed a good self etching primer over the bare metal and used seam sealer on the bottom seam of the door. That seemed to hold the rust off the best. It's fairly easy to blend the new paint without painting the whole inside of the door. If it's gone around to the outside you'll have to have the doors painted. I could give you a better idea with pics though.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Cool! I might take me awhile , we are stuck with 2 homes (over 6 yrs) I`m out on newest home a log home 40 miles south of Indy and and my truck is up at the old house. I`ll be going back up either this monday evening or early tue. morning. I`ll get pictures and post them up when I get back down here. If you don`t see any pictres before the 6th of december , it might be awhile , I have a major surgery on the 6th of december. So bare with me!! I think for your help!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.