i hate be "that guy"... but - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i hate be "that guy"... but

im new here and i dont like it!!!! :cry:

in all seriousness, i came here to check out trucks for sale and im finding that a ton of them are sold, and since im looking for something very specific, i gotta do a lot of weeding out as it is, and finding after several pages of "bumps" that something is sold is a waste of time. Surprising in a board of this size, is all.

so my suggestion, is from another diesel forum where in each subforum there is a sticky titled "TRUCK SOLD!!!!!!" where if the poster doesnt notify a mod that truck is sold, but merely bumps the post with "sold" a random user can post a link to that thread, noting where it says truck is sold, and then a mod comes by and streetsweeps.

Thanks for considering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 AM

no good?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't think anyone from the staff has seen this. We'll discuss it and let you know. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 AM

very nice! Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I cant resist, I had to bump it for you!! lol

Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 AM

HA! thanks for the bump! although i wont be stickin around aside from coming back when i need some info on PSD, i put a deposit down on a dodge that i just COULD NOT pass up. 04 crew cab laramie western hauler custom 180kmiles for just a hair under $11k

I will say my suggestion is a good one, as it is the main reason i stopped searching for trucks for sale around here, although it didnt hinder my ford buying, on the same day i put a deposit down i was scheduled to look at a "work truck" fleet maintained for $5K that would have been NICE with some freshening up, body was perfect, just scratched to hell, paint, junkyard seats and a gallon of armor all and someone will have a very nice truck. I even had my buddy doing some prechecking on newer front clips so i could hide behind tint and not get dinged for having a 10+yr old vehicle
Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman1972 View Post
I cant resist, I had to bump it for you!! lol

LMAO!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
HA! thanks for the bump! although i wont be stickin around aside from coming back when i need some info on PSD, i put a deposit down on a dodge that i just COULD NOT pass up. 04 crew cab laramie western hauler custom 180kmiles for just a hair under $11k

I will say my suggestion is a good one, as it is the main reason i stopped searching for trucks for sale around here, although it didnt hinder my ford buying, on the same day i put a deposit down i was scheduled to look at a "work truck" fleet maintained for $5K that would have been NICE with some freshening up, body was perfect, just scratched to hell, paint, junkyard seats and a gallon of armor all and someone will have a very nice truck. I even had my buddy doing some prechecking on newer front clips so i could hide behind tint and not get dinged for having a 10+yr old vehicle
Congrats on the new truck. We are still considering how to approach this issue.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
LMAO!!!

Congrats on the new truck. We are still considering how to approach this issue.
Thanks! I may hang around a bit, post some pics of my pickup when i actually go get it (700 miles away) and perhaps become a somewhat constructive member, i find myself wrenching quite a bit, and whilst not knowing all the answers might have something other than retarded commentary to contribute.

FWIW, im still a member of the ford family with my 74 Bronco with a 5.8 from a 95 eddie bauer bronco, 4r70w guts in an AOD case, NP205, front discs, custom power brakes, custom power steering, and much more refinement to come. It was my high school truck when i wasnt riding my motorcycle, and finally got to buy it back from my grandad a couple years ago and started all the work he never let me do back then!

not to ***** it out, but i usualy get asked for pics on NON ford websites, so here is my build thread

A decade apart.... My official 1974 Bronco Ranger thread - ClassicBroncos.com Forums

Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 PM

Bump! im back on the hunt! DEal fell through... they listed it as a manual tranny, turns out its an auto..... not cool.

So give me a broom, ill help.... LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
Bump! im back on the hunt! DEal fell through... they listed it as a manual tranny, turns out its an auto..... not cool.

So give me a broom, ill help.... LOL
Sorry to hear that. We are still discussing the issue and our approach. It likely won't be solved in the next 72 hours, so relax. I'm not inclined to ask our moderator staff to take on more work without some benefit to the entire site, not just you. Like I said, we are still discussing it and will keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.