Rotm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ideas and Suggestions If ideas are never brought up, they never have a chance of happening!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rotm

I thought this might be a more interesting way of choosing and voting.
Start with the first 16 contestants to enter. The first week everyone votes, the top 8 move on.
Week 2 everyone votes again, the top 4 move on.
Week 3 everyone votes again, the top 2 go to the finals.
Last week, everyone votes to choose the winner.

I know it would take more work, but I think it is a lot neater than grabbing 3 names out of a hat.

Glenn

Last edited by Glenn M; 05-04-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Interesting idea. I think the hard thing would be getting people to vote that many times a month. I think they would get upset and leave.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Plus it seemed like when we did the vote for the nominees it turned into a popularity contest/I vote you, you vote me deal, that really wasn't working out. I not saying by any means we've got it perfect right now, it'll definitely take some tweaking but at least this way ANYONE who fits the theme can enter and have a chance.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Conservative and Proud

I honestly tried checking out some other forums that have rig of the month contests and have been unable to find one similar to what we are doing here...

Most of the other ones... the head cheese just pics a rig and that's the rig of the month???
Old 05-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

i think people would get bored having to vote so often, and on top of that, it takes a lot of work to compile lists. Not everyone gets on daily like some of us and all and all i think people would get bored....feel left out....and give up on the nominations proccess all together. the whole point of ours being different is to allow people to have a fair shot instead of one mod just picking the guys......Marc
Old 05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99
i think people would get bored having to vote so often, and on top of that, it takes a lot of work to compile lists. Not everyone gets on daily like some of us and all and all i think people would get bored....feel left out....and give up on the nominations proccess all together. the whole point of ours being different is to allow people to have a fair shot instead of one mod just picking the guys......Marc
No nominations. Anyone can enter his or her truck if they meet the category rules.

Bored!!! I'm bored already and this is the first week of the month.

Compiling a list of 16 people, hard? You wouldn't have to post any pictures until maybe the final 4.

I think most people look on here at least 1 a week, if not, maybe they would, just to see how the contest is going and stick around and participate little more on what this site has to offer.
Glenn
Old 05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

glenn.....our "nomination" process is currently just leaving your name.....but the problem is voting that many times can make the newer guys feel left out. it does, to a point end up being somewhat of a popularity contest with some of the votes......by drawing random names we take that out of at least the process of selecting candidates.......how bout it, why dont some of the newer members give thier view of this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.