Idaho Chat... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Idaho Members Idaho Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Mitch

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Idaho Chat...

HWY 14 in Idaho? - - That is a nice looking truck though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebierguy View Post
HWY 14 in Idaho? - - That is a nice looking truck though!
Nope, 14 only goes up to milepost 49.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek9tim View Post
Nope, 14 only goes up to milepost 49.
49 is right there at the sewage ponds...

12 or 13, that's definitely the Clearwater.

Edit: That's highway 12.

This is 14...

This is where I grew up. Well, about 6 miles from where this picture was taken anyway.

This is comin out of our old driveway... I'll think you're cool if you can tell me what road this is lol.

Last edited by chvyrkr; 02-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You grew up in Idaho?!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyrkr81 View Post
49 is right there at the sewage ponds...

12 or 13, that's definitely the Clearwater.

Edit: That's highway 12.

This is 14...

This is where I grew up. Well, about 6 miles from where this picture was taken anyway.

This is comin out of our old driveway... I'll think you're cool if you can tell me what road this is lol.

Yup, highway 12. On the Lochsa between Lowell and Powell. Hanging rock used to be my halfway mark on the way home, even though it's over half, but now I live out at Red River. Dang, I'm kinda stumped on that picture. somewhere up Elk Creek is my best guess.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Yup, highway 12. On the Lochsa between Lowell and Powell. Hanging rock used to be my halfway mark on the way home, even though it's over half, but now I live out at Red River. Dang, I'm kinda stumped on that picture. somewhere up Elk Creek is my best guess.
How is Red River? We used to camp that way all the time, but after the giant wind storm of 2001 and all the wind falls in the camp ground that weren't cleaned up, we stopped going.

And the Forest Service closing off a ton of roads was a factor too. Then we started going to Laird Park past Potlatch and we're still finding more riding.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
You grew up in Idaho?!
Idaho County raised. Married my wife in Grangeville. Lived in Elk City most of my life. Left about 13 years ago when I was 17 to join the army. Been tryin to figure out how to get back ever since.

Quote:
Nice country out the lochsa area. Shot my first elk up above the selway.

Hangin rock is the halfway mark if you're drivin by time I think, the road gets narrower after you pass that.

That's Maxwell LN, used to head up the right road to go to the smiths, stay on the left road all the way to the end and you hit our place. Some preacher lives back there now I guess.
Was up the Red River in may, it was snowing a little still. When are they plannin to open the hot springs back up?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyrkr81 View Post
Idaho County raised. Married my wife in Grangeville. Lived in Elk City most of my life. Left about 13 years ago when I was 17 to join the army. Been tryin to figure out how to get back ever since.

Nice country out the lochsa area. Shot my first elk up above the selway.

Hangin rock is the halfway mark if you're drivin by time I think, the road gets narrower after you pass that.

That's Maxwell LN, used to head up the right road to go to the smiths, stay on the left road all the way to the end and you hit our place. Some preacher lives back there now I guess.
Was up the Red River in may, it was snowing a little still. When are they plannin to open the hot springs back up?
You won't find nothin for elk round these parts now. Too many damn wolves. During archery season you might see some, but if you don't see elk on opening day of rifle season anymore, you won't be taking one home. But I'm talking for the Dworshak region. Selway area might be a bit better, but the wolves are spreading like rabbits

And I've heard the Red River Hot Springs is back open, it's just without the restaurant since it burned down about 8 years ago and nobody's rebuilt it. But the Hot Springs are back open for people who have cabins in the area. I haven't been there in 8 years, so I'm not too sure.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Here, so we can stop de-railing the other thread.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
You won't find nothin for elk round these parts now. Too many damn wolves. During archery season you might see some, but if you don't see elk on opening day of rifle season anymore, you won't be taking one home. But I'm talking for the Dworshak region. Selway area might be a bit better, but the wolves are spreading like rabbits

And I've heard the Red River Hot Springs is back open, it's just without the restaurant since it burned down about 8 years ago and nobody's rebuilt it. But the Hot Springs are back open for people who have cabins in the area. I haven't been there in 8 years, so I'm not too sure.
Yeah, I was sitting on a clearcut waitin for some elk to show up one evening several years ago up above Harpster, and the only thing that I saw was a huge bull moose. He kept lookin up the ridge into the tree's, so I eventually decided he was looking at some elk in the tree's, that weren't gonna come down into the clearcut as long as he was there tearing up tree's to eat roots. I waited for an hour or more, the whole time he's tearin up tree's and eating, and lookin up the ridge.

Time ran out and it was almost dark so I snuck on off up the hill and couldn't find anything in the tree's. I was goin in a circle back down to the clearcut to see if they'd moved in while I was headin uphill, and found two sets of really big dog tracks crossing my tracks in the snow, that weren't there on my way up. Like, 5-6 inches across the pads.

And this was during muzzleloader. And it was minutes from being dark. I figured if they were hungry enough to sit there for so long lookin at that huge bull moose, I should probably find a better place to be when it went full dark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.