Strangest Roadkill occurance. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Humor Jokes, Darwin Awards, Funny Vids and Pics - Keep 'em within the Powerstroke.org conduct

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Strangest Roadkill occurance.

this may be funny to some, or offensive to others.

so i was pulling a trailer down a winding backroad .....and here comes a possum out of the woods in a right hand curve...i missed him with the truck....only to look in my mirror as the trailer tire caught him in the head. i felt bad, then laughed a little. poor dumb b**tard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

I dribbled a skunk down the length of a Datsun (before they were Nissan) station wagon. Didn't really smell anything as long as we kept moving. Different story when we go home. The neighborhood dogs around us didn't like our car for a couple of days.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
I dribbled a skunk down the length of a Datsun (before they were Nissan) station wagon. Didn't really smell anything as long as we kept moving. Different story when we go home. The neighborhood dogs around us didn't like our car for a couple of days.
im sure the neighboorhood dogs LOVED that

wasnt my kill, but i nailed a dead coon in my EXTREMELY low 1988 Volkswagen GTI i used to own..i swear i caught air.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:49 PM

Did that with a cat once. It was raining out and at night, he just darted out in front of me. I swerved to miss it and went into the other lane with my tires locked up only for him to get caught by one of the back tires. Ground that little sucker into the pavement since the tires were locked up, got out to shoot it so it didn't suffer but it died before I could make it over there. Felt really bad about it but did everything I could do to miss it, also felt bad because my kids were in my wifes truck right behind me when it happened so they saw the whole thing.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
Did that with a cat once. It was raining out and at night, he just darted out in front of me. I swerved to miss it and went into the other lane with my tires locked up only for him to get caught by one of the back tires. Ground that little sucker into the pavement since the tires were locked up, got out to shoot it so it didn't suffer but it died before I could make it over there. Felt really bad about it but did everything I could do to miss it, also felt bad because my kids were in my wifes truck right behind me when it happened so they saw the whole thing.
ive hit a cat once. i hadnt had my license long. cold rainy night, poor visibility, barely saw him in my headlights.

i felt horrible
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Had a 12 point buck in deer season jump from the bank right into the bed of my truck. Broke his neck and we ate good for a month!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I actually just hit a deer with my truck a few weeks ago while heading to Oregon for a wedding, traveling through a "winter deer area". Sure enough, it was a Full Moon so there were tons of animals out moving around.

Deer ran out in front of the truck so quick I couldn't do anything but say "Oh SH**!" and scare the crap out of my sleeping wife. Damn near cut the deer in 2! The doe's head hit at about the front driver's tow loop, then I proceeded to run it over, was dead instantly. Ended up with its poo all under and down the driver's side of the truck, pretty nasty and stinky.

That was the first deer I've hit, and I wasn't too much of a fan, but glad I was in my lifted truck and not the wife's little Honda.

Sidenote: The same night I saw 3 other deer at separate times, a 'yote, a racoon and rabbitt. I was running the gauntlet! Only a 4.5hr drive.

Last edited by cww909; 10-22-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billieg View Post
Had a 12 point buck in deer season jump from the bank right into the bed of my truck. Broke his neck and we ate good for a month!
That's got to top it right there!!! Hunting by truck!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Fall of 2010 me and a buddy were driving loaded tankers down a road on our way to a drilling location. We were doing about 45 and all of a sudden I see a mother coon and 5 cubs on the side of the road, mother ran out in front of me and couldn't decide whether to keep going or go back to her cubs. Well she started to run back and two of her cubs ran out in the road and being I was in a loaded tanker I wasn't about to swerve or stab the brakes. Needless to say I got the mom and two cubs than my buddy finished off the other 3 cubs that ran out after the first ones got hit. We came back and it looked like the scene of a coon massacre. It was pretty bad. I felt bad but wasn't about to risk my life or any other persons on the road for some raccoons.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 PM

um a frozen german shepard with an 82 trans am. oh yes definitely felt like i got airborne. tried 3 deer with the front end of the same car on another occasion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.