Are people getting Dumber? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Humor Jokes, Darwin Awards, Funny Vids and Pics - Keep 'em within the Powerstroke.org conduct

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
Angry Are people getting Dumber?

first off i have to say im dumbfounded

well im taking a collage automotive class bla bla bla.. i had an extra 2 hours in my schedule so me and one of my buddy's decided to take the "intro/ tard class" just because
only have 15 days left and i dont know how i made it. people are SO stupid. there is maybe 20 in this class. i think most of this is the teachers fault. but i dont think he realized how un mechanically inclined all of these city idiots are.
he never explained the difference between standard and metric sockets and where to use them. how to use a tape measure, people dont even know which way to turn a bolt to tighten or loosen it!!!!!!!!! i mean come on! how does he expect people to rotate tires when they dont even have the basic knowledge how to use the tools. which you would think in a intro class that would be part of the class

today i was leaning up a carb while the everyone else was trying to learn about alternators. and some kid stood up in the middle of class and asked what i was cleaning! a carb! who doesn't know what a carb is! he seriously didn't know.

i know plenty of chicks that know what a carb is. thats sad.

ok rant over.

what do you guys think? am i missing something.

i know everyone i brought up different. i guess me growing up working on things, made me realize how un mechanically inclined most people are.

Last edited by 2003kingranch; 05-04-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: im stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM

your on the right track, i went to an auto tech school and lots of kids there had no clue what they where doing, show them a picture of a car and they can tell you everything about it, ask them to fix it and they just stare at you, like a deer in head lights
Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM

Go Ford...but before you call others "stupid", learn how to spell.
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPT_RAIDER View Post
your on the right track, i went to an auto tech school and lots of kids there had no clue what they where doing, show them a picture of a car and they can tell you everything about it, ask them to fix it and they just stare at you, like a deer in head lights
Yup...same here. Theres a reason I stopped taking auto classes back in high school...it pissed me off being smarter then everyone, especially those who think they are right but dont know chit

exactly
the only thing i can say is, those are the people that are going to make us money in the future
Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM

i want to clarify something before this turns bad. im not here to call anyone stupid. and i know my spelling sucks
Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I guess I'm lucky, most of the people in my ASE classes know at least the basics of tools and cars, if not more.

But I would have to agree, people do seem to be slowly getting dumber. Common sense is a lost art these days
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 PM

When i was in small engines class in high school. I knew more than the teacher that we had. When kids in the class would have a question they would come to me for help. Granite i grew up helping my dad work and any thing and every thing from snowmobiles, four wheelers and cars. We did everything on them including rebuilding the engines and so on. I was amazed then how many of the kids in my class didn't know any thing about how to work on stuff. They would come to me with a question and i would tell them what they needed to do using the correct terms and they would just look at me dumbly and i would have to go over and show them and point out the different parts. It was frustrating to me in a way but it was fun. Not all of the kids in the class were that un manically inclined. The kids that knew what they were doing grew up on a farm and the ones that had no idea of what they were were from the city.

To answer your question are people getting dumber i would say that it would seem so. My reasoning is that there are fewer people growing up in the country where you work on your own stuff and more people just take it to a shop and pay what ever the shop tells them needs to be fixed.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Dude.... I almost got into a fight with a gas station attendant tonight.... dude really wanted to beef.... and I was in uniform! (CO)

WTF?????

Yes, I wholly and solely believe that we as a society are getting dumbed down. A lot. And our fearless leaders are more than happy to let it happen...
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM

The term is: Grant it, not Granite..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.