First stuck/carnage of the year lol - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Humor Jokes, Darwin Awards, Funny Vids and Pics - Keep 'em within the Powerstroke.org conduct

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking First stuck/carnage of the year lol

Well long story short, I was going down this road and the drifts started getting bad and I was going down hill so I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop and back up so I just hammered down and hoped I would make it. Shortly after that they were coming over the hood and then I came to a stop. I tried to back up and didn't move one bit. I was by myself, no shovel or nothing just chains (not tire chains lol) so I started making phone calls and got a hold of a buddy with a 2000 7.3 lifted a bit on 37s to come help me out. The road I was on I couldn't even walk down cause the drifts were so bad but like 15ft to the left there was like 8in of snow. So we dug the crap outa the front of it with the shovel he brought and hooked the chains up, it only took one good tug and I was out but since we could only go from the front there was no where to hook up to really. So we had to go to the frame behind the bumper but when the chain got tight it pulled the bumper up. Anyways onto the pics

This is the road I was coming down, I tried going up it once I got pulled out

And the carnage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thank God for tow hooks.

Glad you got out man. That is rather deep snow lol. I dont know how you even made it that far.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
Thank God for tow hooks.

Glad you got out man. That is rather deep snow lol. I dont know how you even made it that far.
lol I know huh and thank you, and ya it was very deep I couldn't even walk down the passenger side of my truck cause it was so deep I couldn't move my legs around to walk lol and ya I was going pretty fast to make it that far cause I was screwed once I started going down that road cause its down hill so I knew there was no backing up it so I just pushed the skinny peddle as far as it would go and was like well I'm gonna try to make it at least lol
Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM

no exactly how you feel on that one lol same thing happened to me and came over the hood. except mine involved running down a coyote. lol made it threw when the snow was fresh but not when it thawed frozed and drifted over again haha glad you didnt mess up anything under the hood.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:27 PM

hahaha I wish we had snows like that around here so i could try and drive through them.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awelch View Post
no exactly how you feel on that one lol same thing happened to me and came over the hood. except mine involved running down a coyote. lol made it threw when the snow was fresh but not when it thawed frozed and drifted over again haha glad you didnt mess up anything under the hood.
That's the way I see it, at least it still runs great and drives fine, and its just a bumper, its better than the side of my bed being all dented in or my door being all screwed up, its just a bumper and only 200 bucks or a reason to get a badass one lol
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Dang That's a pretty good stuck! I wish we had snow here so I could try that, we're still dry as a bone in my part of CO with not a flake of snow in the forecast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.