High idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
H & S Performance H & S Performance

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High idle

So I purchased a h&s minimaxx this morning and programmed it on the spot everything went smooth great power and tranny shifts. I drove it around for a while and before I turned it off I let it idle to cool it down before I shut the motor off. It idled like it always did before the tune around 700 rpms. Then later in the night I drove the truck for a couple of miles and went to do the same thing of letting the motor cool down however I notice when I placed it park and was waiting for the truck to cool down the idle raised to about 1100 or 1200 until I placed my foot on the brake then it would idle normal if I released my foot from the brake it would go back to the high idle.

Any ideas on why it is doing this if it's normal of if it's not.

Btw way it's a 6.4 08
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Premium Member

Offroad tuner or the street tuner. If its the street tuner you are going through regeneration, especially if you have that stock exhaust on it. It gets dirty faster
IF its cold outside your truck will also high idle, but i wouldnt think it would since you just drove unless its super cold.

Offroad tuner......make sure you have all the updated firmware and software....and that you also are on the DPF deleted tune if you have done this mod...if not you better get to reading on here and turn your truck back to stock. You will have a lot of Regens running the tuner and no other supporting mods.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah the truck has the original pipe on it still with the dpf and cat. The tuner came with the straight piping which I plan on install this weekend. And the minimaxx is the racer tuner not street. I returned the truck back to stock for the mean time and will update the firmware and software while I wait until I install the piping. So I take it it's not recommended to have the tuner on with the dpf and cat on there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.4, h&s, idle, issue, problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.