Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Years Day Hangover Snow Run

6K views 62 replies 11 participants last post by  thecaptin 
#1 ·
Meeting at 10:00 a.m. at the Bonney Lake Fred Meyer. Probably head up to Buck Creek to play and cookout.

#32 ·
No ****!? That frickin sweet.

#35 ·
Just got back from the hills. There is about 4-6" at the Buck Creek airstrip. The open area just below the airstrip is off limits to vehicles for vegetation restoration. There were even a few people camping. I didn't venture too far since it was just me. Snow seems to be pretty consistent above 3000'. It was starting to snow as I left so maybe there will be some fresh powder.

#36 ·
Good work Scott. So the question is do we want to go there or farther up for deeper stuff? How were the main roads up there? Last year there were a few really icy spots that were slick.

#37 ·
410 was pretty much bare until a few miles before the road to Crystal. Mostly just slush. The plows were running so they probably got it cleaned off. If the temps drop the road around the Buck Creek campground may be icy. Someone had drove around a little before me and compacted the wet snow. They were requiring cars and big trucks/RVs to chain up to go to Crystal. The ranger looked at my tires and said "Those should be more than plenty." I pulled off in about 12" to help a girl with her Taurus that broke down at one of the turnouts. I think her computer was fried. It was nice to be out driving in the snow again. It should be fun on Sunday. I think they are calling for more snow tomorrow.

#40 · (Edited)
I didn't take as many pics as I wanted to. There was some video taken as well.

Had a good time and met some new people. I don't think any of us thought it was going to go well when we first got there. As soon as we pulled in we all started raising a little hell blowing donuts and what not and guess who pulls in: Yup the NFS guy. Everyone immediately stopped where they were except one (every group has their dumb kid). The NFS guy was cool and had no issue with us as long as we stayed off the marked areas.

#44 ·
had a great time up there sucks to hear about that ranger getting killed i think i got some pics ill try and get them on here tonite.

#45 ·
Had a blast. Great to see everyone again. I thought we were gonna get kicked outta there also as soon as I noticed the rranger pull up, cool of them to let us carry on.

And I agree, I hope they drop that guy who shot the officer as soon as they find him.

#46 ·
Had a blast yesterday as did my buddies! Was good to see everyone again and get out of town and blast around on some trails! we went and ventured up in the hills while everyone was sittin around the fire and were just out puttin around havin a good ol time! Ill load up all the pictures from my girlfriends camera in a litte bit!`

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.