ATTN: Midwest Drag Racers. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Great Lakes IL - IN - MI - OH - WI

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ATTN: Midwest Drag Racers.

First off I want to introduce myself, my name is Ross and Im from Illinois and I am a co-director of a series called the IMSM Racing Series. This series was created a few years ago with one thing in mind and that was to offer a series for anyone to race in and compete for a championship on a weekend warrior budget. Well its been 5 years since this concept was created and we have gone from 2 classes doing bracket racing to growing to 7 classes with cars running anywhere from mid 7's to 13.50's and from 4 races to 10. We are always looking at trying new things and we as a series want to bring the best action to the track and be the leader in Index racing with awesome side by side action.

With that mind we are looking at doing something to help our series grow and we aer looking to introduce a whole new series just for Diesel's. The IMSM is looking to create the "Midwest Diesel Drag Racing Association" or MDDRA for short. This series will offer bracket racing and heads up index racing for all diesel trucks and cars in mind. Our rules are simple, no throttle stops, no optical eyes, and no delay boxes. Our series is strictly up to the drivers skill to be able to get close to the dial in without breaking out.

We need some suggestions and feedback to get the ball rolling on this deal, we are looking at doing a 4 race trial period that will be held at Byron Dragway in Byron Ill, and also at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove Wisconsin.

here are the classes we are looking at doing
Bracket Class, .500 sportsman tree, no delay boxes, throttles stops, or optical eyes.
Heads Up Index of 12.00 heads up pro .400 tree sportsman ladder, no delay boxes, throttle stop, or optical eyes.
Open to suggestions at this poing.

dates to be annoucned pending interest of the series, we are looking at doing a $40 entrance fee per race, and a possible membership fee as well to offset some costs to run the series.

Now payouts at this point until sponsors can be signed will be based on car count. So the more the better.

If you want to help out with this series please get ahold of me and we can get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.