I've read and heard a lot about them but want some other opinions. Am looking for a new deer rifle. Right now I have a Remington Model 700 30-06 and a Model 770 in 7mm-08. I like both of them but I want something with increased accuracy as I'm big on that, especially for long ranges.
I'm looking at getting a new Savage Model 10FCP-Law Enforcement in .308 caliber. The major things I want on this new gun:
1. A Muzzle Brake. I shot my buddy's .300 Mag with a muzzle brake it kicks considerably less than my 30-06 (My '06 is a punisher).
2. Detatchable box Magazine. Like the simplicity and ease of loading/unloading... especially in the WI cold.
3. Synthetic stock. Looks of synthetic lasts longer, less prone to scuffs and scratches.
4. Heavy, Free Floating Barrel. Increased accuracy.
5. Under $900. I want to keep the entire package with scope under $1000 and will most likely get a Nikon 3x9 with BDC as I have 2 other Nikons already.
6. Adjustable trigger squeeze. Both of my Remington's have awful trigger squeeze when compared to higher quality rifle's I've shot.
Here's the one I'm looking at. Anyone have anything similar? Any other Suggestions? Any comments on the Savage rifles with the AccuTrigger?Thanks much.
Savage Arms Model 10FP