Horse Shot on First Day of Deer Hunting Season - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Goin' Hunting! This is for all your hunting stories, plans, questions, etc...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
BRS BRS is offline
Premium Member
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Horse Shot on First Day of Deer Hunting Season

OMFG are you serious? How many beers does it take to mistake a horse for a deer? Thanks to some idiot we're going to be one step closer to bow-only hunting

Beloved Pet Horse Shot on First Day of Deer Hunting Season|ABC 7 News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 4,230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OMG, tha bad part is the horse was shot in the stomach, not in the typical area for a duoble lunger....thats sad....IDIOTS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Emergency Services
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5,534
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cchase
thats horrible, how are people so stupid out there hunting... Im starting to disbelieve Drawins law..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 PM
International Threat
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 13,088
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
duct tape & zip ties

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Posts: 10,762
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Ok how terrible this is I have to say part of the fault is on the owners. If they know there is hunting going on around there home. Then they should be more alert.

The bullet that hit the horse may have been intended for a deer. But the hunter missed and the bullet traveled far enough to hit the horse.

If it was intentional then I would have to assume the bullet would have passed completely through the horse and there would two holes and entrance and exit. Being the stomach is not very strong and is not capable of stoping a bullet.

I guess I been hunting to long in my life to be this careless. I know what is beyond my target. Which should be a safety rule for any one firing any firearm at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I have excessive flatulance!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
But why are you hunting so close to SOMEBODIES HOUSE!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:52 PM
duct tape & zip ties

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Posts: 10,762
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Nick View Post
But why are you hunting so close to SOMEBODIES HOUSE!?
Bullets can travel miles in distance. The bullet that hit the horse could have been shot 500+ yds away. They don't list the type of bullet that hit the horse.

So the possible location of the hunter is unkown and unable to be determined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I have excessive flatulance!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
Sorry I'm no hunter. More of a fisher I would like to go hunting one day though.. But why aim in the direction of somebodies house if you know your bullets can travel such a distance of you miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
duct tape & zip ties

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Posts: 10,762
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Nick View Post
Sorry I'm no hunter. More of a fisher I would like to go hunting one day though.. But why aim in the direction of somebodies house if you know your bullets can travel such a distance of you miss?
Ok the person may or may not have known that there was house in that direction.

Like I said a bullet can travel far distances. There for the hunter may not have seen the horse. It is not like the person was standing in an open field and seen a deer and shot his gun. Missing the deer, and then hitting the horse.

Most likely the hunter was sitting in the woods, had a deer with in range and shot at it. He missed wether his sights were off or it was because of buck fever. Either way he missed the deer, unfortunately the bullet traveled a distance with enough force to go into the horse. The hunter most likely did not know he shot the horse. Most likely the hunter is scared there for not coming forward about it. How ever if he did not see his bullet hit the horse then he never knew it happened.

There are many factors that can be contributed to this accident. I could write a long explanation and you most likely would still be confused over it and ask me a million questions why the person did what they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
MARSOC > Seals



 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Solsberry, IN
Posts: 7,015
Thanks: 3
Thanked 56 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Ok the person may or may not have known that there was house in that direction.

Like I said a bullet can travel far distances. There for the hunter may not have seen the horse. It is not like the person was standing in an open field and seen a deer and shot his gun. Missing the deer, and then hitting the horse.

Most likely the hunter was sitting in the woods, had a deer with in range and shot at it. He missed wether his sights were off or it was because of buck fever. Either way he missed the deer, unfortunately the bullet traveled a distance with enough force to go into the horse. The hunter most likely did not know he shot the horse. Most likely the hunter is scared there for not coming forward about it. How ever if he did not see his bullet hit the horse then he never knew it happened.

There are many factors that can be contributed to this accident. I could write a long explanation and you most likely would still be confused over it and ask me a million questions why the person did what they did.
True true, and they said there was alot of hunters in that area... so I take it that they don't own much land? and I'm sorry... I walk my gf's parents land alot to see if I find any climbers or etc out there... if so I take them and if I would ever happen to see anyone on his land... well they better to take a hike... and yes that is a sad story but like said before they really didn't go into detail about it... which yes does leave a number of things that could of happned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors