Firearms Safety - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Goin' Hunting! This is for all your hunting stories, plans, questions, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Don't mind me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Firearms Safety

Just a couple of stories to remind you about basic weapons safety. One is kinda funny and the other is tragic.

The kinda funny one.

Ore. hunter says dog shot him in the leg | More Oregon News | NWCN.com | Northwest News and Weather

The tragic one.

Local News | 6-year-old Marysville girl fatally shot in head | Seattle Times Newspaper

Just remember a weapon is only clear and "safe" when you are holding it and have verified it.

Josh

04 F350 CC SB DRW IT HAS SOME STUFF
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it." House M.D.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All my guns are loaded- it seems that accidents happen with "unloaded" guns.

That's what I tell the Coast Guard when they board me, and I get a look then

2000 Excusion , 125,000 mi
Stage 2 Pro Dry
4in FBD exhaust W/ Muff
Dp tunes 40 tow, 80 econ, 120,and 140

Amsoil engine, W/Amsoil bypass filter, rearend
HID

Drill some treehuggers on the way to some oil

Global Warming, is a state sponsored religion, seperation of church and state

Confuse a liberal,
present reality

Gun control is using both hands

U.N.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Served Our Country!

Yeah always treat your guns as if they are loaded. Guns and alcohol don't mix.

Jay

07 F350 4X4 Crewcab Lariat Outlaw Package 6.0 PSD

post #4 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Don't mind me

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw07 View Post
Yeah always treat your guns as if they are loaded. Guns and alcohol don't mix.
While I agree in theory I have also been on the other side of the coin and that is when training kicks in. Magazine out, chamber clear, safety on, finger off the trigger. That is my routine everytime I pick one up same with my kids.

Josh

04 F350 CC SB DRW IT HAS SOME STUFF

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it." House M.D.

post #5 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I always consider a gun as always loaded

MATT

Now featuring a 6.4 fat bottum 6 speed

95 f250--238k and counting

RDS stage I's-TW live tuned-Dana 60 swap-9" lift/40x13.5x20 ProComps-ZF5 swap/short throw/South Bend CON OFE-Iron Bull front-AFE CAI-SD innercooler-Fab Tech traction bars-MBRP DP/6" black miters-Autometer boost/pyro

"If you dont have ambition and big dreams, you end up working hard for someone who does"
post #6 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 PM

Exactly as said above^^ All my guns are locked up during the day, only time they come out are if I bring it with me in my truck(which than will be carried on me, not left in truck), at night, or going shooting/hunting....

Early 99 F250 4x4 CCSB w/ LATE 99 engine
- TW Chip, 5" straight exhaust, DIY intake w/ Amsoil 4095 filter, Gauges, ITP Pre pump filter and tank mod, Riffraff IC boots, AIH delete, EBPV delete, Foil delete, 3" lift on 35" BFG KM2, , custom rear bumper, Lightforce 170 lights
post #7 of 10 Old 11-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Always treat it as if it's loaded. Always teach kids the proper way of handling with respect.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-25-2008, 06:08 AM

I go to a lot of gun shows and the amount of muzzel pointed at you is very nervracking. If I am looking at a firearm The muzzel never points at anyone and always treat as loaded. Good thread alot of pepole do not have respect for firearms as they deserv.

Dale

99.5 F 350 Totaled
2000 F350 Lariate
CC
SB
4x4
4" turbo back
cold air. Zoodad
Banks big head
Wicked wheel
4" BDS lift. With Bilstein's
all brought together by TW

post #9 of 10 Old 11-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyd View Post
I go to a lot of gun shows and the amount of muzzel pointed at you is very nervracking. If I am looking at a firearm The muzzel never points at anyone and always treat as loaded. Good thread alot of pepole do not have respect for firearms as they deserv.

To add to this. When looking at any firearm at a gun store, show, etc., I always open the action just to double, triple check that the gun is clear. You never know who had it last.

PSD- yea, I finally got one.

"Beware the Prophet
seeking profit" Dennis Miller on Algore

'11 F-250, CC, 4X4, KR
post #10 of 10 Old 11-25-2008, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyd View Post
Agreed, that drives me nuts. I don't trust all of those people enough to be pointing guns at me. Another thing to add is to not trust the action. Physically look into the chamber and make sure it's clear.

Jason

"Using a thug's murderous rampage to call for gun control is like using Barack's reckless spending to call for higher taxes."

--Michael Berry, American philosophizer & Talk Radio Czar, 1970-?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode