i am worried - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Goin' Hunting! This is for all your hunting stories, plans, questions, etc...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i am worried

Is this what i have to worrie about now? Is some of the people around me that have no busines even looking at a gun. Buying asult rifles and sitting in ther living rooms biteing their fingernails just to spray the neiborhood down with lead because the neibors cat knocked over some trash cans. I have been reading a lot about pepole buying guns and ammo. You can defend youre house with a Marlin semi auto 22 for $150.00 from Dicks. And it probably wont penatrate youre neibors house. But I bet the intruder it is intended for doesent get up its not the movies. You dont have to blow some one intwo.It is bad enought to sit in the woods and hear some knucle head empty a semi auto at some wind blow brush. I love guns and have a bunch of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2008, 02:48 PM

A shotgun makes a lot more sense than a .22 for home protection... .22 travels a good distance, and I wouldnt take that chance... or the chance of NOT protecting my family!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDurtyDeez View Post
A shotgun makes a lot more sense than a .22 for home protection... .22 travels a good distance, and I wouldnt take that chance... or the chance of NOT protecting my family!

Agreed. And with a shotgun, you don't have to field dress. Just need a good scraper.

Buy a Mossberg pump, and convince your neighbor to trade.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyd View Post
Is this what i have to worrie about now? Is some of the people around me that have no busines even looking at a gun. Buying asult rifles and sitting in ther living rooms biteing their fingernails just to spray the neiborhood down with lead because the neibors cat knocked over some trash cans. I have been reading a lot about pepole buying guns and ammo. You can defend youre house with a Marlin semi auto 22 for $150.00 from Dicks. And it probably wont penatrate youre neibors house. But I bet the intruder it is intended for doesent get up its not the movies. You dont have to blow some one intwo.It is bad enought to sit in the woods and hear some knucle head empty a semi auto at some wind blow brush. I love guns and have a bunch of them.
HI szyd, Hey man, don't worry and have faith in your neighbor, just like he has faith in you. I have some 50 BMG, but I know NOT to put a round in that rifle, while I'm at home !!!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:31 PM

I just used the 22 for an exsample because people who dont know any better think it wont get the job done and are arming them selves with some heavy artilary. You are right i should have used a shot gun as an exsample.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:40 PM

Sorry for bein "smart guy" on your example! To be honest those people scare me with a bb gun at their disposal, a car, cooking my food! (i dont really worry bout it....just an example) But they way I see it somethings gotta get ya, all you can do is keep your eyes open! Dont stress about it any more than ya have to man!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Turnin' JP8 into noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDurtyDeez View Post
To be honest those people scare me with a bb gun at their disposal, a car, cooking my food!
This is why I'm a bowhunter. If I get hit by a stray arrow, I know it's my time to go...not just a retard with buck fever shooting at noises.

I have a couple guns but I don't keep them in the house because I figure the odds of one of the kids getting ahold of it and getting hurt are much higher than the unlikely chance I'd need it to protect my house. I only carry a gun when I'm deployed.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
This is why I'm a bowhunter. If I get hit by a stray arrow, I know it's my time to go...not just a retard with buck fever shooting at noises.

I have a couple guns but I don't keep them in the house because I figure the odds of one of the kids getting ahold of it and getting hurt are much higher than the unlikely chance I'd need it to protect my house. I only carry a gun when I'm deployed.
KIDS have to be taugh, NOT TO TOUCH A GUN !!!! I always keep my CZ-75, with a round in the chamber, and C O C K-N-LOCK !!!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Emergency Services

your your saying that you dont like the idea of people arming them selves with Assualt rifles? thats just dumb.... sure in a perfect world one shot one kill is realistic, but if i miss i want the next 29 to have a chance. if a dude knocks down my door and i start popping off rounds in his direction, i want him to be guessing how many rounds i have.

thats fine that you dont keep a gun in your house because of kids. but if you have them locked up and out of reach from them...

personally an unloaded gun in the house is just a glorified 600 dollar paper weight. 10 in the mag one in the chamber locked in the gun safe that absolutely no one but me know the combo to.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
my gun is laying on my desk loaded... but I dont have any kids in my house.

I also have an AR-15 near by loaded.

But i agree with you in a way, I was buying a couple guns a few weeks ago, and there were to ganstered out thugs, looking at hand guns, one actually held it sideways.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.