archers post up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Goin' Hunting! This is for all your hunting stories, plans, questions, etc...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up archers post up

just curious how many archers do we have on this site,and what equipment do you use,and do you just hunt or just shoot target"asa-ibo-spots-fita-or just local 3d".im new to this site my name is Dustin,i live in clermont county ohio,i shoot local,ibo,some spots,but this year im gonna veture down south and try my luck at some asa,i also love to hunt no matter what it is if i can do it with a bow its game on.i shoot for hoyt and hunt with a carbon matrix,and last year shot target with a maxxis 35,but i will be shooting the new alpha elite this year.you guys can visit my web page,
Broken Rack Archery, LLC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 PM

I love to bow hunt. I got a couple deer this season with my Mathews Conquest lite. I have had it for over ten years and with the new limbs that I put on it this year it shoots as good as ever. I have a 34in draw so I can't shoot those short bows. I use to shoot some competition till it got to be too expensive. I just swiched to AXIS arrows this fall. That dropped my arrow weight about 100 grains. Would shoot and hunt for a living if I could.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddysimp View Post
I love to bow hunt. I got a couple deer this season with my Mathews Conquest lite. I have had it for over ten years and with the new limbs that I put on it this year it shoots as good as ever. I have a 34in draw so I can't shoot those short bows. I use to shoot some competition till it got to be too expensive. I just swiched to AXIS arrows this fall. That dropped my arrow weight about 100 grains. Would shoot and hunt for a living if I could.
congrats on your deer this year,with a draw like that bows will get pretty expensive,dropped a 100 gr. in arrow weight by switching to axis "wow" the axis have to weigh close to 500gr.what arrows were you shooting.ive shot a few of the conquest bows but never a lite,what are the specs for the lite?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM

I was shooting Easton alum. 2512. The lite is the same as the pro cept it has alum. limb pockets (I think). Factory it only goes to a 32in draw, so I took off the grip, turned the buss cable a lil and I got a 1 1/8in. loop. I got a tigertuff rest so my arrow is only 31 1/8ins. I had a limb to split this summer. Called Mathews and they sent me a new set. It shoots 294fps at 66#'s. Not like the new stuff, but it works for me.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Switchback XT. 60lbs. Beeman arrows. Don't get to use it as much as I'd like...the Tikka T3 has been taking most of my deer.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
Switchback XT. 60lbs. Beeman arrows. Don't get to use it as much as I'd like...the Tikka T3 has been taking most of my deer.
LOL love my Tikka too!! Even named my female lab Tikka
Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm an FNG to archery. I just bought a bare bones Hoyt Katera XL, 65lbs set by the previous owner. No arrows, no sight, no rest, nothing, YET . I will be using it mainly for hunting and some 3D shooting during the off season with a few buddies, if I like the sport. I hope to take an Elk with it this year, and maybe a deer, and maybe a couple hogs if I can make the trip to a hog hunting state like TX or OK.

My plans for equipment:

Sight- Tru-glo (I can't remember the model, but it's ike 100 dollars)
Rest- Tru fire whisker bisquit
Arrows- Easton Axis
Broadheads- G5 Montec

I should have it set up in the next month or so
Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Premium Member

I've into archery for 30+ years. I used to shoot indoor 600,3D, and IBO. I started driving truck 11 years ago and it takes from my hunting/shooting time. Indoor I used a Hoyt Pro Medalist a 4x site and 2x peep and Easton 2512's. 3D and IBO I shot for Pro Line for about 10 years then switched to Parker Stealth Hunter,carbons, and still use a Micro TM hunter. With Pro Line I was shooting 95lbs. and broke to many limbs and 1 riser in half.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

glad to see we do have some archers here,just shot the first outside 3d for the year sunday,shot pretty good beings it was pretty cold and its been a while since i shot my open set up,i ended up with high score,hopefully thats a sign that its gonna be a good year.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Screen name says it all! I love bowhunting... PERIOD. I find out Monday whether or not I have drawn an elk tag in Wyoming. Planning to apply for points in Kansas and Iowa for coming years. My equipment is a bit old but it is custom built. I shoot a 1995 Pro-Line that was built to my 33" draw and 90 lbs. Like I said she is a bit old but still shoots great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.